Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member room upgrades???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:58 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by daniel0711
What's the upgrade policy for third party bookings? I know I won't get points but will I still receive an upgrade as a gold member upon arrival?
Third party bookings are not eligible for upgrades.
daniel0711 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 5:10 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Radisson Blu Liverpool. Upgraded to room on high floor, with river view

MDtR-Chicago likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 12:30 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by enox5
Radisson Blu Liverpool. Upgraded to room on high floor, with river view
I was upgraded to a "Junior Suite" on the 9th floor there last night. I had booked a Premium room so it seems like they offer 1 category upgrades.

I think that they undersell the "junior" suite, I would have classed it as a suite, it was 2 connected rooms, one that was set up as a lounge, this means that it has 2 bathrooms.
The room came with bathrobe and Nespresso machine. I was really impressed to be honest.
Great value for money at the moment.
MDtR-Chicago likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 2:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by Ikaz
I was upgraded to a "Junior Suite" on the 9th floor there last night. I had booked a Premium room so it seems like they offer 1 category upgrades.

I think that they undersell the "junior" suite, I would have classed it as a suite, it was 2 connected rooms, one that was set up as a lounge, this means that it has 2 bathrooms.
The room came with bathrobe and Nespresso machine. I was really impressed to be honest.
Great value for money at the moment.
I was impressed with the Hotel too. The room I stayed in also had a Nespresso machine - which is pretty good for a 4* hotel!
Old Dec 3, 2020, 8:46 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
As a gold, I've been upgraded to a higher floor, renovated corner room at Radisson Blu Chicago and a suite with two full bathrooms at Treasure Island. In both cases I booked the least expensive room on the Radisson site or used points.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 4:42 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by DallasEsq
As a gold, I've been upgraded to a higher floor, renovated corner room at Radisson Blu Chicago and a suite with two full bathrooms at Treasure Island. In both cases I booked the least expensive room on the Radisson site or used points.
Ever since Gold became the middle elite tier: as a Gold I've been upgraded to higher floors, corner rooms, rooms with better views or otherwise some how better than the run of the mill room. But upgrades to suites have become increasingly rare for me as a Gold at Radisson.

I've not stayed at a Radisson at all this year, so I'm commenting about the years prior to this one.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 9:04 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
No upgrade at the Radisson Blu Viking hotel in Stockholm 2 weeks ago. They did provide us free breakfast at the buffet, which was excellent.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 6:42 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
My experience is that upgrades vary significantly between various markets. Maybe it's down to area managers or perhaps local operators?

I usually get insane upgrades in Poland - I was upgraded from a standard room to executive suite (we're talking suites with 10 windows, three TVs and total of 20 chairs / sofa places) several times and at other times I get large corner rooms with a view, or similar.

Then in some other locations I had experiences with pretty much no status recognition at all.
​​​​​​
I've been quite happy with my recent stays in Sweden - got a high floor and a view in Stockholm Waterfront, beautiful executive room with a city view in Gothenburg Scandinavia and huge room in Malmö (although I'm not sure if that was an upgrade as all their rooms seem to be large). The only negative experience was Gothenburg Riverside with basically no recognition.

Generally speaking, one or two room categories + a view is the usual upgrade. Unfortunatelly, this sometimes means an upgrade to superior room which essentially means bathrobe and a coffee machine (and I don't use either). But there are locations that do much better.

​​​​​I'm set to become Platinum by the end of January and I'm excited to see if that's gonna change my experience.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
No upgrade at the Radisson Blu Viking hotel in Stockholm 2 weeks ago. They did provide us free breakfast at the buffet, which was excellent.
Yeah I've found the European Radisson Blu breakfast buffets to be of high quality.

I've never received an upgrade with any level of status I used to have with the old or current program, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.