Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Bank of America goldpoints plus Visa credit card on the way out

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bank of America goldpoints plus Visa credit card on the way out

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2011, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Bank of America goldpoints plus Visa credit card on the way out

The goldpoints plus Visa credit card program from Bank of America will be discontinued on the last day of your April 2011 billing cycle.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 7:58 am

Programs: DM, AA, UA,HH,Priority, Amtrak, Starwwod, BA, Marriott
Greetings: I got the discontinuation letter from BofA the other day. Any rumors concerning another Bank offering a goldpoints plus credit card? The BofA card got me to start staying at Radissons (which I hadn't done in the past). Since I would assume that's one of the goals for these cards ( ie: new customers), I hope Radisson finds a new Bank partner.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 2:35 am

Got my letter too. My guess is to look to where the other travel rewards cards BOA used to offer went - Barclays, if I recall correctly.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:54 am
Original Poster

There ain't nothin' in the pipeline for another CC affiliated with Carlson™ , paraphrasing a CSR comment.

The disengagement was initiated on BOA's end.

I don't need any stinkin' WorldPoints®.

Last edited by Kohoutek; Feb 15, 2011 at 11:01 am Reason: add third sentence
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:38 am

Programs: DM, AA, UA,HH,Priority, Amtrak, Starwwod, BA, Marriott
I agree. I'm going to cancel the BofA Worldpoints card when I get it. Don't need, Don't want. I'm sorry Carlson doesn't have any plans to switch to another Credit Card issuer.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL
Apparently this was part of a larger rehab of the Goldpoints Plus program (which is being renamed). The number of points required for a hotel stay is radically changing, for example.

Hard to believe they will give up branded credit cards altogether after just five years.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Last call, before they turn out the lights.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:29 am

Is it still possible to apply for one? I guess not, can't flind a link anywhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.