FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   Country Inns & Suites: 10,000 bonus Gold PointsŪ for one night, through 02/17/11 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/1166588-country-inns-suites-10-000-bonus-gold-points-one-night-through-02-17-11-a.html)

Kohoutek Jan 1, 2011 11:41 am

Country Inns & Suites: 10,000 bonus Gold PointsŪ for one night, through 02/17/11

http://www.countryinns.com/business

During the Country Means Business promotion, stay one night Sunday - Thursday, now through Feb. 17, 2011, and receive 10,000 bonus Gold Points.
Terms and Conditions

The Country Means Business promotion ("Promotion") is available to goldpoints plus members for new advance reservations at participating Country Inns & Suites hotels in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Latin America ("Participating Hotels") beginning December 31, 2010 for Eligible Stays beginning January 2, 2011 and completed by February 17, 2011 ("Promotion Period"). An "Eligible Stay" is defined as a stay of one or more consecutive nights Sunday through Thursday during the Promotion Period at the same hotel, regardless of the number of check-in or check-outs that occur during that stay, for which the guest specifically booked the Country Means Business Promotion online or requested the Country Means Business Promotion via phone at the time of the reservation. Guest must be enrolled in goldpoints plus at the time of reservation or at time of check-in. Minimum 3-day advance reservation required for an Eligible Stay. Guests who book and complete an Eligible Stay will receive 10,000 bonus Gold Points ("Bonus Points"). Only one goldpoints plus account per Eligible Stay will be credited with the Bonus Points. Maximum of one Bonus Point award will be credited to a Member with an Eligible Stay under the Promotion regardless of the number of Eligible Stays during the Promotion Period. Allow 6 - 8 weeks for the Bonus Points to appear on account. Bonus Points are subject to all goldpoints plus program Terms and Conditions. Only standard rooms (single or double occupancy) are eligible for the Promotion and extra person charges may apply if exceeding double occupancy. Rates for each night of an Eligible Stay may vary. Promotion may not be used in conjunction with any other package, promotion, group or convention rate, or any other discounted rate. Promotion is not valid on existing reservations and is subject to availability. Participating Hotels are subject to change without notice and the number of rooms available for this Promotion at Participating Hotels may be limited. Promotion void where prohibited by law. Country Inns & Suites reserves the right to add, modify or discontinue these terms and conditions or the Promotion at any time with or without notice. By participating in this Promotion, you agree and consent to these terms and conditions.

Tenerife Jan 1, 2011 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Kohoutek (Post 15561189)

Super -- thank you!^

jbelinc Jan 1, 2011 3:00 pm

Another great promotion for a one-night stay!

pmaddock Jan 3, 2011 6:29 pm

This one definitely made me switch a reservation over. Compared to Hilton's paltry offering for Q1 this is very good.

docr775 Jan 4, 2011 2:40 pm

I moved a Hyatt Place reservation to the Country Inn across the street because of this.

NCommander Jan 4, 2011 3:31 pm

Very nice, Between this and the 15k from quarter, I have a nice balance of GPP points

muflyer Jan 6, 2011 7:44 am

Country Means Business

Maximum of one Bonus Point award will be credited to a Member with an Eligible Stay under the Promotion regardless of the number of Eligible Stays during the Promotion Period.
As I read the terms of the promo, it appears the 10K pt bonus can only be received one time during the entire promo period. Is that how everyone else interprets this? Meaning it's only worth doing 1 stay during the promo period. Additionally, when I looked at a possible property, it looks like the "Country means business" base rate was about $12 or $13 higher than the normal nightly rate with AAA, so it does appear that Country is charging a premium for this.

Kohoutek Jan 6, 2011 10:55 am

Originally Posted by muflyer (Post 15595379)
...it appears the 10K pt bonus can only be received one time during the entire promo period. Is that how everyone else interprets this?...

It's pretty clear that's the case. :)

Originally Posted by muflyer (Post 15595379)
...when I looked at a possible property, it looks like the "Country means business" base rate was about $12 or $13 higher than the normal nightly rate with AAA, so it does appear that Country is charging a premium for this.

No premium is being charged. AAA, Senior, etc. are special rates available only to those that qualify.

The CMB rate was the same as the regular rate at a property I looked at. AAA was 15% less. Advance rate was even greater savings.

I would gladly pay an extra $13 for one night, or $26 for two nights, for 10,000 bonus points.

RDB68 Jan 6, 2011 12:22 pm

So if I book an AAA, Senior, Government or whatever rate I would qualify for the bonus, right?

Kohoutek Jan 6, 2011 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by RDB68 (Post 15597549)
So if I book an AAA, Senior, Government or whatever rate I would qualify for the bonus, right?

Wrong. :)

BUT, if your "whatever" rate is the Country Means Business rate, you'll reap the bonus points.

Reap, reap.

RDB68 Jan 6, 2011 12:42 pm

I guess that would be the whole "package, promotion, group or convention rate, or any other discounted rate" clause, huh? :mad:

Kohoutek Jan 6, 2011 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by RDB68 (Post 15597744)
...:mad:

It's a good promo, IMO.

If a one night stay (or more) at Country Inns & Suites By Carlson SM will work for you, don't pass up this promo. @:-) Shirley 10,000 points for a little extra cash outlay is worth it.

The 10,000 bonus points are awarded for booking at the Country Means Business rate. ONLY at that rate. Clear?

RDB68 Jan 6, 2011 1:57 pm

It's a great promo. I just usually book under a certain discounted rate. Despite that, I know that I will take advantage of this promo some time in the next month. ^

heffa Jan 11, 2011 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by NCommander (Post 15582903)
Very nice, Between this and the 15k from quarter, I have a nice balance of GPP points

Great! I love them both!!! :D

CMK10 Jan 11, 2011 2:37 pm

Figures that the only Country Inn and Suites in my area goes for between $101 and $114 a night which is steep for a mattress run. It is a good promo though.