Wiki Posts
Search

Park Inn, Stuttgart

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2010, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Park Inn, Stuttgart

There is a new Park Inn in Stuttgart, Germany. I will be going there in roughly a week with friends, and was wondering if anyone yet has experiences of the place. Good location? Nice rooms? Any recognition for GP Golds?
Old Nov 24, 2010, 7:00 am

Goldpoint member benefits

Dear guest,

thank you for your interest. Certainly you can take advantage of your GP membership. We will provide you with a platter of fresh fruits upon your arrival as well as upgrade you to the next room category subject to availability. We are located south of the city in close proximity to the centre with excellent public transport connections at our doorstep. For more information you can visit our website www.parkinn.com/hotel-stuttgart or on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...60007404014905

Please let me know if I can be of any further help

Best Regards
Norbert
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:21 am

Reply from the management? Fanstastic!
All hotels should have this kind of service
Old Nov 26, 2010, 3:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Norbert Schneider Welcome on flyertalk!
Old Dec 3, 2010, 5:23 am
Original Poster

I will check in here tonight (provided flights are ok), and next week I will post some thoughts about my stay!
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Small trip report

So I have now returned from my 3 nights at Park Inn in Stuttgart and will here tell about my experiences. After the post by Mr. Norbert Schneider I had hoped for something more.

We arrived quite late on Friday to the hotel. We had booked a room with an extra bed, and we got a room on the 5th floor at the end of the corridor, so it was a peaceful room. As can be expected from a new hotel, everything was clean and fresh. So far so good!

We did buy breakfast at the hotel, 16€ per person, the two first mornings. The breakfast was decent, and pretty much what would be expected from a hotel breakfast. Nothing missing, nothing extra.

We also tried the sauna. It was nice, although there seems to be some problem with the draining of the showers. The showers turned into swimmingpools quite fast. And for those who haven't been to a sauna in Germany, a warning about the saunas and showers being unisex should perhaps be posted. I am a Finn, so no problem, but I guess there could be others who aren't comfortable with that.

My biggest problem with the stay was that I received nothing with my Goldpoints Gold card. No fruit, no upgrade (perhaps due to the extra bed?). Having stayed recently at many Radisson Blus, I have become almost used to the fruit, water and a letter from management welcoming me to the hotel.

We left very early Monday morning. The hotel wanted to charge us 100€ more than what we were told during booking! It was a good thing we had our confirmation with us, so we got that settled. We also pointed out that we in fact had breakfast two mornings, not only one as the receptionist claimed. Well, in the end we got it all sorted out and were on our way to the airport.

So all in all, it was a clean and fresh basic hotel close to the city center with good public transportation possibilites. It's not a bad choice, but I am not sure it's the best choice in the city either. But don't expect any recognition of your status. I am not 100% sure my GP number was on the original reservation (a friend did the booking in my name, and he claimed he mailed the number to the hotel) but I did show my card when checking in.

Niksal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.