FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   Nice, France , Radisson Blu (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/1111466-nice-france-radisson-blu.html)

beachmiles Jul 31, 2010 2:06 pm

Nice, France , Radisson Blu

Any thoughts or comments on the Radisson Blu in Nice France? We are considering staying here 2 of our 5 nights in Nice , in September.
It's not the best location,but our son offered us some points he's not using. It's great when they grow up and get a job. ;)

Also, I assume he can book a stay in the old man's name.

Or are points easily transferred to family members. Then i could make my own reservation.

I have no status with this Hotel. Will son's Silver status be of any benefit?

Should I seek a status match with my Hilton Diamond or SPG Gold?

Is this too many questions?

SwissCircle Aug 1, 2010 1:31 am

Its a nice hotel. They do not upgrade GP+ Elite members, so status match is useless.
Breakfast is quite expensive, there are nice cafés nearby.
Points can´t be transfered to family members.

beachmiles Aug 2, 2010 7:07 pm

Thank you

Thank you. That answers all my questions.

reservation is booked Premium Award Business Class Room. I'll report back on the stay.

beachmiles Sep 22, 2010 2:33 pm

Nice Stay

Our last 2 nights in Nice were at The Radisson Blu. We had a Delux Business room. 6th floor out of a possible 7. Beach front excellent view. Breakfast was included in our award rate. Very nice buffet breakfast. Very nice room. although the mattress was a little hard for my taste.
Location. The Radisson is on the Beach and on the Promenade des Anglais, but it is almost 2 miles to Old Nice, Rue Massena and where you want to be.
One night after dinner in town, we decided to start walking the Promenade back to the hotel. It was a nice evening for a walk. we made it. But, it might not be for everyone. The Hotel runs a shuttle much of the day to the center of town and back. but, it didn't seem to be going when I was ready to go.

The City Bus is your Friend. This was my third trip to Nice but my first time really using the City Bus. Ask at the front desk, ask at the tourist information office, which buses to take. Don't depend on the bus driver for information.
Going into town there is a bus stop right across the street from the Hotel, on the Promenade. Seems like most any bus on this side of the street would take you in the right direction.
Returning to the Hotel , the tourist information office suggested the 9 or 10 bus ( or was that the 8 or 9 bus ?) which dropped me off right behind the hotel. Bus ride 1 Euro.
I'd stay there again.

christianj Mar 30, 2012 8:50 am

Anyone with a more recent stay at this hotel? I'm considering staying here on points this summer for two nights before we fly back to the US from Nice. I currently have the Le Meridien Nice booked on points but can change it to the Radisson if it's a better alternative.

aramk Mar 30, 2012 7:57 pm

I can't comment on the hotels themselves, but having lived near Nice for 10 years Le Meridien is a much better location. There's not a whole lot (outside of the Promenade) near the Radisson. You'll need to rely on the buses, Velo Bleu (bike sharing), walking, or taxis to really enjoy Nice if you stay there. Le Meridien on the other hand is a short walk to the center, old town, and pretty much anywhere you'd like to go. The Airport bus also stops right in front of the hotel ... which is a steal for 4 euros.