Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson Hotel Group | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Online booking bonus increased to 2,000 points for Silver/Gold Elite members

Old Jul 14, 10, 9:23 am
Original Poster

http://www.radisson.com/gppbookingbonus

Reserve a room at goldpointsplus.com or any of our hotel brand Web sites and earn up to 2,000 Gold Points®! goldpoints plus members earn 1,000 bonus points; Silver and Gold Elite members earn 2,000 bonus points.

This offer applies to hotel stays at Radisson® Hotels, Radisson Blu Hotels & Resorts, Radisson® Edwardian Hotels, Park Plaza® Hotels, Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM or Park Inn®.
Terms and Conditions
All hotel stay points, including points earned for online booking, are calculated after the stay is completed.
Bonus Gold Points will not be awarded for reservations made through a third-party reservation site or for redemption stays.
Bonus Gold Points are only awarded on Gold Points eligible stays. Regular eligibility rate rules apply.
Old Jul 14, 10, 2:43 pm

Programs: WN CP; Hilton Diamond; IHG Plat
Good to know, thanks!
Old Jul 14, 10, 6:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Question

Originally Posted by Kohoutek View Post
Do they give the online booking bonus points only if I chose to have goldpoint points or will I also get the bonus when I take airline miles?
Old Jul 14, 10, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer View Post
Do they give the online booking bonus points only if I chose to have goldpoint points or will I also get the bonus when I take airline miles?
No bonus if taking mileage credit instead of points, as you can't earn both miles and points for a stay.

You might consider changing your earning preference to points, and when you really need the miles, convert your points to miles at the established rates, although it is a better use of points to use points for hotel stays.
Old Jul 15, 10, 8:07 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Will this be retroactive for existing (but still upcoming) reservations? Sounds like it might be time to cancel and rebook all my reservations!
Old Jul 15, 10, 8:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Newbie, DL,AA,VS,UA,VX,WN,CO (in a pinch)
Originally Posted by doctor15 View Post
Will this be retroactive for existing (but still upcoming) reservations? Sounds like it might be time to cancel and rebook all my reservations!
(I've edited my response)
OK, I re-booked all my reservations to get the "Double Gold Points Rate". You need to use Promo Code: GPPBUSRTto get the double points. The 2000 points for Elite members is another question.

Last edited by Mattress_Runner; Jul 15, 10 at 11:17 am Reason: clarification
Old Jul 15, 10, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

There is no need to cancel and rebook reservations to get the 2,000 points.
Old Jul 27, 10, 4:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Question

Originally Posted by Kohoutek View Post
No bonus if taking mileage credit instead of points, as you can't earn both miles and points for a stay.

You might consider changing your earning preference to points, and when you really need the miles, convert your points to miles at the established rates, although it is a better use of points to use points for hotel stays.
Is it not always better to collect airline miles?

- Online booking: 2'000
- 70 € x 20: 1'400
= Total: 3'400 Points

versus

- 1'000 bmi miles

In my opinion, it makes only sense to collect (bmi) airline miles. Am I wrong?
Old Jul 27, 10, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Is it not always better to collect airline miles?
Unless there is some kind of promo, generally, no. Usually, only 500 miles are awarded per stay, although sometimes it can be more. As you point out, BMI appears to be an exception, with a limit of 3,000 miles per stay (?).

...1'000 bmi miles

In my opinion, it makes only sense to collect (bmi) airline miles. Am I wrong?
I don't think you're wrong if you're getting 1000 (or even 1250) BMI miles a night at a qualifying rate of 70 €.
Old May 30, 11, 1:49 pm

Does the online booking bonus usually post with the stay if ever?
I've had 3 stays none of which have had the OLBB credit.

One was an F+F rate which shouldn't have qualified for points but did and the other 2 were regular stays but with a BRG applied - maybe the offline intervention required to change the rate to the BRG rate converts these online reservations to offline bookings and hence not eligible for the OLBB.
Old Jun 1, 11, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by 3544quebec View Post
Does the online booking bonus usually post with the stay if ever?
I've had 3 stays none of which have had the OLBB credit.

One was an F+F rate which shouldn't have qualified for points but did and the other 2 were regular stays but with a BRG applied - maybe the offline intervention required to change the rate to the BRG rate converts these online reservations to offline bookings and hence not eligible for the OLBB.
Stayed 2 times recently on regular rates - no 2,000 online booking bonus in either case. Had to request them via Contact Us feature on the website. Got a reply each time with apologies within 5-7 days and 2,000 bonus points credited. Seems to be program/website switch over issue maybe?
Old Jun 2, 11, 1:29 am

Thanks fungirl for the response
Old Jun 6, 11, 11:48 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by fungirl View Post
Stayed 2 times recently on regular rates - no 2,000 online booking bonus in either case. Had to request them via Contact Us feature on the website. Got a reply each time with apologies within 5-7 days and 2,000 bonus points credited. Seems to be program/website switch over issue maybe?
I had about 50% hit rate last year (had to request it in remaining 50%). My first stay this year did not post yet so I cannot say. But it is for sure that my stays last year were posting faster than this year.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: