FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   Radisson Blu Centrum, Warsaw [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/1033135-radisson-blu-centrum-warsaw-master-thread.html)

nissan motor Dec 29, 2009 11:11 am

Radisson Blu Centrum, Warsaw [Master Thread]

Oh boy, what a name - Radisson Blu Centrum Hotel

I was there for two one night stays this week (have the gold status with Radisson hotels).

The hotel is conveniently located near the city center (go to "Rondo ONZ" by tram or bus and walk a few meters if you arrive by public transportation).

On my first stay I was given a standard room, on my second stay an executive suite (complimentary upgrade).

Internet is available free of charge in the whole hotel and as a goldpoint member I got each day a free hot drink for me and my party in the hotel restaurant.

I would say it is a basic five star hotel with nice and attentive staff, good location and reasonable prices. The beds, however, were too hard for me and I did not have a good sleep because of that. There are free coffee makers in each room and a free bottle of water.

The hotel's swimming pool and fitness center were closed for unknown reasons but the hotel offered an entrance to the Holmes Place (at the Hilton) instead

nissan motor Jan 2, 2010 1:04 pm

I am having my second stay at this hotel tonight. And wow, I am impressed. I got an upgrade to an executive suite. Included are:
- Breakfast (including room breakfast)
- Internet
- Pay movies
- Nespresso machine use (and coffee cocker)
- Newspaper in the morning
- One piece of laundry

I think I like this hotel ^

Counsellor Jan 24, 2010 10:50 am

Originally Posted by nissan motor (Post 13097649)
I think I like this hotel ^

Been there. It's a nice one -- stylish bedroom, nice location, great staff.

TRAVELSIG Apr 1, 2010 7:34 am

I have stayed here a few times, and also held meetings here.

It is a great hotel for meetings- the staff they have are outstanding for organizing whatever you need (extra projector, different layout from am-pm etc, more breakout rooms).

The rooms are comfortable, and the breakfast offering is good.

I would recommend this as one of the better options in Warsaw.

SanDiego1K May 8, 2012 11:52 pm

Can anyone offer a current trip report? How far is this hotel from the Old Town? How does it compare to Le Meridien Bristol? or the IC?

And what about the Radisson Blu Sobieski Hotel? Who has stayed there and can compare it with the Centrum property?

Jaenks May 9, 2012 1:33 am

From Old Town it is in 5 minutes walk distance. Hotel is good,so the breakfast but Le Meridien is much better, donīt know about IC. Westin is across the street. Sobieski is also good hotel, but a 5 min. drive from Old Town to airport direction. If you do not need primary center loaction and Sobieski price is significatly lower,I would stay at Sobieski. I the * matters, then Centrum.

anwan May 22, 2012 10:00 am

It is definitively NOT 5 min walk from Radisson Blue Centrum Hotel to the Old Town. I guess for someone fit it would be more like half an hour walk. Google maps show it is about 2,5 km distance between this hotel and Old Town

TallestHotelInJapan May 22, 2012 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 18540357)
Can anyone offer a current trip report? How far is this hotel from the Old Town? How does it compare to Le Meridien Bristol? or the IC?

And what about the Radisson Blu Sobieski Hotel? Who has stayed there and can compare it with the Centrum property?

Transport with public transport
Both hotels have direct bus connections to the old town. The Radisson Blu is closer (about 2 1/2 km) to old town than Sobiestki (about 4 km).

The Sobieski is on the 175 bus line which comes from the airport and continues to the old town (final station).

Comparison to the Le Meridien and the IC
Both Radissons have no chance against the Le Meridien. The latter is one of the most luxurious and prestigious hotels in town with a prime location. Everything is better in the LM than in the two Radissons.

The IC is not bad wither but it does not give good benefits for status holders. Usually either suite or lounge. In some special situations you may get both benefits. IC is also on the 175 line, opposite to the main train station and the Palace Kultury.

Comparison between the two Radissons
The Sobieski is transport-wise better because the 175 bus stops in front of the hotel. There is some noise due to its location (the hotel is at a main street crossing, day and night heavy traffic).

The Radisson Blu is better quality, it is more modern and it has a very nice swimming pool and sauna in the basement. The Sobieski has only a hot tube. Both hotels have a gym.

Fanjet May 25, 2012 5:02 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 18540357)

I've never stayed at the Bristol and you really can't beat it's location. Just a few meters from my favorite place in Warsaw to get a hot waffle topped with real whipped cream and morella cherries... all for only 6 zlotys!! Plus it's in the center of Stare Miasto, but I like the waffle thing better ;). I will actually be staying at the Sobieski property tonight. I actually think it's location sucks. Yes, it's right on the 175 bus line, but the Centrum property is closer to the Palace of Culture, the shopping venues and everything else happening on Aleje Jerozolemskie. The staff at the Sobieski are indifferent at best, and some of the FD help are outright snippy. The Centrum has nicer rooms and friendlier help. And I've always been upgraded to a business class room there with free breakfast. I just got a really good deal on the Sobieski property versus what the Centrum is charging. But generally their rates are usually within a few USDs of each other. Then it's a no brainer.

TRAVELSIG May 25, 2012 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Fanjet (Post 18639871)
I've never stayed at the Bristol and you really can't beat it's location. Just a few meters from my favorite place in Warsaw to get a hot waffle topped with real whipped cream and morella cherries... all for only 6 zlotys!! Plus it's in the center of Stare Miasto, but I like the waffle thing better ;). I will actually be staying at the Sobieski property tonight. I actually think it's location sucks. Yes, it's right on the 175 bus line, but the Centrum property is closer to the Palace of Culture, the shopping venues and everything else happening on Aleje Jerozolemskie. The staff at the Sobieski are indifferent at best, and some of the FD help are outright snippy. The Centrum has nicer rooms and friendlier help. And I've always been upgraded to a business class room there with free breakfast. I just got a really good deal on the Sobieski property versus what the Centrum is charging. But generally their rates are usually within a few USDs of each other. Then it's a no brainer.

Agreed that the Centrum is a much nicer hotel with a better location.

Bristol is good however the location is much better for a tourist than for business.

SanDiego1K May 25, 2012 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Fanjet (Post 18639871)
I've never stayed at the Bristol and you really can't beat it's location. Just a few meters from my favorite place in Warsaw to get a hot waffle topped with real whipped cream and morella cherries... all for only 6 zlotys!!

Name, please.

24Yukon24 Jun 13, 2012 6:11 am

Transport from airport

How do I reach the hotel from the airport with public transportation?
What is the price of a local cab?

Marek_Limanowa Jun 14, 2012 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by 24Yukon24 (Post 18748287)
What is the price of a local cab?

45 PLN/ 10 EUR

Avoid the taxi drivers soliciting customers inside the terminal, as they severely overcharge. Instead, use one of the companies recommended by the airport authorities (Merc Taxi, MPT Radio Taxi, Ele, or Sawa Taxi). They are slightly above market average in terms of prices and stop near the exit from terminal. You can also order a taxi from another corporation by phone (there is no surcharge). A typical fare to a hotel near Warszawa Centralna station is around 40 zł at night, less in the daytime.
In any case, the most you should pay is 3.00 zł (up to 4.50 zł on Sundays; but typically no more than 2.40 zł) per km in the daytime plus an initial fee of no more than 8 zł. You are entitled to a receipt (which must specify the route used) upon request. The Polish word for receipt is rachunek. There is no obligation to tip the taxi drivers, but most won't refuse if you offer.

schauschun Jun 15, 2012 3:09 pm

Lounge?

is there a (club-) lounge at the Radisson Blu Centrum, Warsaw - because usually I have stayed at the intercontinental and I really like the lounge access there....

TRAVELSIG Jun 16, 2012 3:47 am

Originally Posted by schauschun (Post 18763621)
is there a (club-) lounge at the Radisson Blu Centrum, Warsaw - because usually I have stayed at the intercontinental and I really like the lounge access there....

I may be wrong, however I dont recall any lounge at all at the Centrum Blu. The IC is a nicer hotel by the way unless you are attending meetings at the Blu in which case it is more convenient.

The Sheraton also has a very good lounge if that matters.