Radisson Blu Centrum, Warsaw [Master Thread]

Old Jun 16, 2012, 6:44 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Public Transport

Originally Posted by 24Yukon24
How do I reach the hotel from the airport with public transportation?
What is the price of a local cab?
See here and write from "PORT LOTNICZY CHOPINA" to "Radisson Sas Centrum Hotel, Warszawa".

The easiest way is to take the 175 bus to the main train station "DW.CENTRALNY" and walk from there or take the train from the airport to the main station "WARSZAWA ŚRDMIEŚCIE" and walk from there. Both options include a short walk (about one kilometer only).
Old Jun 16, 2012, 6:46 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by schauschun
is there a (club-) lounge at the Radisson Blu Centrum, Warsaw - because usually I have stayed at the intercontinental and I really like the lounge access there....
Neither Warsaw Radisson has a lounge

PS: I do not recall any other Radisson hotel with a lounge
Old Jun 16, 2012, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Neither Warsaw Radisson has a lounge

PS: I do not recall any other Radisson hotel with a lounge
I do believe that Berlin has a lounge if I am not mistaken.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 8:48 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Skymiles
I will be staying in the Radisson Blu Centrum next Friday and Saturday and will be happy to report back with a trip report.
Time permitting I am also up for a drink with a fellow FT'er. @:-)
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Name, please.
Of the waffle shop? Hmmm... that's a good question. Well, it's just a walk-up window on the side of the building. If you were standing in front of Saint Ana's church looking out towards the street, you would walk to the building to the left of the church (direction south). Then you would cross the street. There you will see a building that has the waffle shop at the front. It has two windows. The one on the right (where you place your order) has a big sign up above it with pictures of the various ice cream swirl cones they sell. The one on the left (where you pick up your order) has above it pictures of the different types of waffle styles they sell. And if that wasn't enough. In the glass encasing below that window counter are different types of licorice for sale.... the real kind... about a meter long and with a soft filling inside.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 1:22 pm
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
Any update on either of the two Warsaw properties? Pictures online show old rooms. Gold member here, have heard nice things about upgrades to business room (with free breakfast, amenities etc)
Thanks

Last edited by hsk; Jan 4, 2013 at 1:32 pm
Old Jan 4, 2013, 2:58 pm

Upgrades at Centrum are common unless fully booked due to conference or local events.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hsk
Any update on either of the two Warsaw properties? Pictures online show old rooms. Gold member here, have heard nice things about upgrades to business room (with free breakfast, amenities etc)
Thanks
The Centrum is better than the Sobieski IMO. They will usually give you a business class room and tell you that it comes with the breakfast buffet. The Sobieski will put you in a business class room (that is a normal size room with just a couple of more amenities inside) but no free breakfast. However, I have had their breakfast buffet, and it is quite nice. The welcome gift at the Centrum tends to be chocolates. The Sobieski gives a fruit plate. The Sobieski's rates are less expensive, though. And C&P rates only require 5K points ( plus the cash), whereas the Centrum requires 10K points. And for some reason, my stays at the Centrum do not automatically post. I always have to call the service desk afterwards.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:07 am
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
Thank you very much Vitrysk & Fanjet, that's exactly what I was looking to hear. Upgrade, plus breakfast experience make this an easy choice... Centrum it is!
Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Any recent reviews on this location? Gold member here, staying for 4 days here next week.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by arollins
Any recent reviews on this location? Gold member here, staying for 4 days here next week.
They treat CC Golds and Concierges very good. Upgrade to business room, breakfast. As it's one of the bigger Warsaw hotels you can sometimes find yourself in a bit longer then usual queue for checkin, but apart from that - it's all fine.

The hotel has the new buffet breakfast implemented already (fresh squeezed oj, etc.).

My last visit there was 3 weeks ago.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 7/3 - 7/4

Location: The hotel is located as the name would suggest in the Centrum (or center) part of Warsaw. It's on Kowleska Avenue about two blocks north of the Rondo-ONZ Metro stop which also puts it near a number of tram and bus lines. Getting around Warsaw from here is really easy. The airport is 10 kM away and without a surge price a 20 Zloty Uber ride.

Hotel: Pretty standard building. The lobby has a small bar and two restaurants, there's a fitness center and pool one level below the lobby and they have valet parking. There are several floors of meeting and event space. Thankfully despite being in the city the soundproofing is good. Do note that they are currently doing renovations.

Check In: I was offered breakfast for an additional 95 Zlotys (~$25) which I declined. The agent was helpful with my requests about my baggage and very friendly.

Room: Quite nice. A large bed, armchair, work area and a big TV. The bathroom also had a really nice stand up shower as well. However, the wifi was barely usable. I ended up plugging my laptop into the LAN network (hello, 2004) and using that instead. Also there are no outlets next to the bed.

My rate here was about $130 US. It's a good hotel for seeing Warsaw and quite comfortable too. I wouldn't mind coming back.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did this hotel leave the Radisson portfolio? Because it no longer shows up as an option for "Warsaw" searches. Only the Sobieski property does.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:31 am

It's closed for refurbishment. Reopening is planned for may this year. The hotel will be changing brand to the Radisson Collection.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by jackebofh
It's closed for refurbishment. Reopening is planned for may this year. The hotel will be changing brand to the Radisson Collection.
Long time needed a refurbishment but I am concerned the prices might go up as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.