ZRH-NYC

Old Jan 18, 2003, 9:40 am
Original Poster

ZRH-NYC

Need help.
I am planning on flying to NYC monday 27/01.
2 adults and 2 children on C Class.(with miles)
Which flight give better seats and services.
The Swiss 3000 (operated by AA-plane is 763), Swiss 016 (operated by swiss - plane is 332)?
thank you for your help...
Old Jan 18, 2003, 9:58 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
According to Galileo (go to http://www.aeroplan.de/home.htm and choose the option "galileo)
on LX 16, there are 4 seats left in "Z" class, which is the booking class for award seats (free or upgraded from Y).I couldn't find a "3000 flight", and don't know the booking code for AA, so can't help you on that one.
Old Jan 20, 2003, 9:17 pm

AA C class 50" legroom vs. LX at 48".
Old Jan 20, 2003, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
I'm no great expert on Swiss but I'm guessing that their service is leagues ahead of AA, and would be worth the smaller pitch.

FWIW, my parents, who have become experts at using my hard-earned miles to fly around the world in premium classes just emailed me from India where they flew Swiss C BOS-ZRH-BOM and said it was the single best flight experience they've had -- better than SQ!!

I had warned them about the seat pitch on Swiss C (332) but my dad told me that he found the room and recline to be just fine for 5-6 hours of undisturbed sleep on each leg, and he's about 5'9" so average height.
Old Jan 21, 2003, 5:05 am
Original Poster

How is the C class in MD-11 flight from ZRH-MIA?
Can I upgrade from C to F a companion tickets and child free ticket?
Old Jan 21, 2003, 5:24 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by roteg:
How is the C class in MD-11 flight from ZRH-MIA?</font>
Service will be pretty good, but the seat is sub-par to most other airlines nowadays.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Can I upgrade from C to F a companion tickets and child free ticket? </font>
No. First, upgrading award tickets is impossible alltogether. Second, if you're not Elite with SWISS you can't upgrade ANY ticket to F.

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.
Old Jan 21, 2003, 10:43 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by airoli:
No. First, upgrading award tickets is impossible alltogether.</font>
This is not always true, at least not impossible. The rules may state so, but I've managed to upgrade myself on a free (mileage) flight from Y to C with miles at the gate. It really depends on the local supervisor.

[This message has been edited by atlantic (edited 01-21-2003).]
Old Jan 21, 2003, 12:23 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by atlantic:
This is not always true, at least not impossible. The rules may state so, but I've managed to upgrade myself on a free flight from Y to C with miles at the gate. It really depends on the local supervisor. </font>
I agree, sometimes you also get lucky to be upgraded from Y to F....
But again better chance if you have a Silver, a Gold or even better a Circle card..

kooks. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif
Old Jan 21, 2003, 1:28 pm

duplicate post sorry!

[This message has been edited by atlantic (edited 01-21-2003).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.