FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qualiflyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qualiflyer-406/)
-   -   SN privelege and "so called earning clubmiles on BA -" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qualiflyer/82402-sn-privelege-so-called-earning-clubmiles-ba.html)

beepee Jan 16, 2003 6:45 am

SN privelege and "so called earning clubmiles on BA -"

If SN and its privelege program would like to survive they will have to change a lot to their program

Booking a flight with BA that earns privelege clubmiles has no sense at all! You better of in joining the BA FFP and earning status there.

my experience for BRU - MIA
lowest ticketprice for Y-class earning clubmiles: 3.700 Euro!

on the belgian-BA website: Worldtraveller plus tickets around 1.100 Euro
economy tickets earning miles in BA FFP, lowest price: +/-400 Euro

Also even as Gold privelege no access to BA lounges

The only thing relaining is spending the miles left in my account and look out for a new FFP program ( Ba - KLM- Miles&More)

In calling the privelege contactcenter i noticed that the people over there are very depressed as they too feel that their program is a shamble concerning the BA-partner and confirmed a lot of complaints by there members, espec gold privelege members that were lured in to the privelege program.

Concerto Jan 16, 2003 8:59 am

Surely the BA spending possibilities could be quite interesting, especially if, like me, you might need to go into remote parts of Scotland where ticket prices are very high.

For a moment I wished I had switched to Privilege, but I suspect that actually getting miles on any BA ticket in the "cheap" category could be tricky. They lost me right at the beginning of this frequent flyer programme circus, when they refused to award me miles for anything whatsoever (some tickets not so cheap) and I got continualk statements with lots of zeros on them.

HajoFlyer Jan 17, 2003 5:12 am

On second thoughts, I believe I would have been much better of with Privilege than with SwissTC because i could burn my miles on BA who serve all my regular destinations. And like Concerto, I do have some flights every year to remote Scottish airports such as WIC and INV which are extremely expensive. Plus the Privilege award chart is a lot more favourable than BA's own.

I am still very angry that none of this information was available to us before we had to chose our new programme.

Looks like I will just burn my Swiss miles on some European flights and start collecting miles on AAdvantage, the only programme that still covers almost all of the ex-Qualiflyer airlines. Nonetheless, I have already moved most of my ex-Qualiflyer business back to my primary carriers, LH and Star Alliance.

Concerto Jan 18, 2003 10:16 am

Oh you go to WIC, do you, Hajoflyer? That's where I'm from, originally, over towards Thurso. I have to admit I have not flown into WIC since the 1980s, opting always for INV or Central Scotland, and bussing myself up with Scottish Citylink. As it was just going home for the holidays, I wasn't in too much of a hurry and preferred to save the money for flying elsewhere.

I thought Gill Airways(9C) was dreadful and the sales staff so unfriendly, that their bankruptcy was totally deserved. I think their replacement Eastern Airways(T3), an apology of an airline, is a disaster, and they don't connect with anywhere on the planet. Useless.

HajoFlyer Jan 18, 2003 1:27 pm

Concerto, I have a good friend up in Caithness, in Castletown to be specific, whom I visit once or twice a year. In the past he has picked me up at INV, which is okay, in particular if we don't go up to Caithness directly but do some Highland touring first. However, this Summer I will probably connect at EDI directly to WIC (I think it's BA franchise Logan Air if I remember correctly). For sure not again the odyssey I undertook last Summer: flight to EDI, coach to Inverness, car to Caithness - a full day of travel with little comfort.

So, have you introduced the Swiss to the Scottish cuisine? Stovies would certainly go down well with them. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif

Concerto Jan 19, 2003 12:54 am

I'm just 5 miles along Dunnet Beach in Dunnet when I'm there; my mother's there most of the time.

Incidentally ,and we're wandering way off the topic and liable to get chastised for this, BA sells a Highland Rover for GBP169 which must be bought outside Scotland. Valid for 3 months, that gives you 5 domestic Scottish OW flights (incl. N. Ireland) with the possibility of buying extra sectors. Only drawback, you can only do 1 round-trip on any one routing.

HajoFlyer Jan 19, 2003 5:52 am

Concerto, YGM.