FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qualiflyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qualiflyer-406/)
-   -   Old award miles structure for travel after March 03? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qualiflyer/82401-old-award-miles-structure-travel-after-march-03-a.html)

Guy Betsy Jan 15, 2003 6:17 pm

Old award miles structure for travel after March 03?

Hello. I know that it has been posted before that SWISS TC will honor the old award mile structure up to end of Feb.

I'm planning to use some for upgrade onto CATHAY PACIFIC flights. If I redeem my awards before Feb 03, but the travel is in April, I would think that the miles deducted now would be the old table right?

Concerto Jan 15, 2003 9:54 pm

I hope so; I was thinking of doing the same thing for later in the year. But does a CX upgrade have to be issued immediately in conjunction with a ticket, or can the upgrade res. be made first and the ticket bought later?

Patron Jan 15, 2003 11:00 pm

Concerto asked: Can the upgrade res. be made first and the ticket bought later?

Up to my knowledge you have to buy the ticket first.

airoli Jan 17, 2003 11:45 am

Guy Betsy: the old award charts are valid for bookings until 2/28 and travel within 365 days of booking.

Patron: I have been told the same thing by an SR reservations agent once.

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line. ;)

HajoFlyer Jan 18, 2003 1:35 pm

This is probably a superflous question, but I would just like get this 100% right. I suppose the fact that the old award charts are still valid until 28/02 only refers to the award levels and not to the airlines in the old chart - i.e. I could still book, say, Swiss C-Class Europe for 25k miles, but I cannot book award travel on any of the former airline partners, say, TK who are no longer Swiss TC partners. Is this correct?

airoli Jan 18, 2003 3:25 pm

Hajo, yes this is correct. And for interlining, only

a) one single airline
b) LX plus one partner airline

are permitted on the same ticket.

------------------

HajoFlyer Jan 18, 2003 4:17 pm

airoli, thanks for the clearification!

sjharte Jan 18, 2003 5:09 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by airoli:
Hajo, yes this is correct. And for interlining, only

a) one single airline
b) LX plus one partner airline

are permitted on the same ticket.

</font>
In some ways this is a downgrade (I once booked a ticket that had SN. AY, LO and SR) but other aspects are bteer.

In the old system you couldn't mix CX or Malayasian (can't remeber their code) with LX. If Oli is correct this means that you could mix, say, CX and LX.

Stephen

france usa Jan 19, 2003 3:08 am

I habe booked a fligth mixing CX and LX and it works out fine, ticket not issued yet but m y reservation is confirmed.
Although I haveone question : when booking "complex" itinerary (8 segements), is the "under 24 hours" very strict ? I mean, one my flights arrives in HKG 6:20 PM, can I leave the following day on the 6:35 PM flight to another city ? Do they have a 15 mn / 1 hour allowance or something like that ? Apparently they've put it in my booking but I'm afarid that when they issue the ticket somebody says "Stop"... ??? thanks .

france usa Jan 19, 2003 3:10 am

(PS = sorry for all the typo errors in my post. It's sunday morning....)

airoli Jan 19, 2003 4:28 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by france usa:
Although I haveone question : when booking "complex" itinerary (8 segements), is the "under 24 hours" very strict ?</font>
I think the computer checks the entire itinerary for rule compliance before issuing the tickets. But you can always try of course...

------------------