Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Qualiflyer
Reload this Page >

No more upgrades with miles for general members ???

Old Jan 2, 03, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred

Just checked the website and saw something that worries me: under "Program features / Membership levels", there is a chart outlining the different benefits of Travelclub General, Silver , Gold and Circle. If I read this correctly, a general member can no longer upgrade from Y to C using miles. If this is true, they have lost me as a customer ! Which other airline only allows their elites to upgrade against miles ?
Old Jan 2, 03, 2:17 pm

Huegli,

According to the "Guide" I picked up a Zurich lounge, everyone can Upgrade for Y to C-class with miles regardless of their levels.

No mentions for C to F-class upgrades in the "Guide" though; these upgrades were till now only possible for "Elite" members.

kooks.
Old Jan 2, 03, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Follow up: TC customer service knows nothing about this, they say it will stil be possible to upgrade with miles from Y to C.

On a different note: did anyone see the sentence "on especially low fares, you might get fewer miles than normally" or something like this ? Are they trying to wiggle out of crediting full mileage for LHR-EZE ?

Old Jan 2, 03, 2:55 pm

I hope not.

This will be I think the end of Swiss if they d give fewer ClubMiles for low fare tkets.

1st they raise the milage for free tkets and upgrades and now they would also give less ClubMiles I hope not.

BTW in the Guide nothing is mentionned about it, just 1x for Y, 2.5x for C and 2x ClubMiles for F tket only on Swiss (LX numbered flights).

Kooks.
Old Jan 6, 03, 2:52 am

I also looked at the website, and it seems that for regular members no more upgrades will be possible. Wow, this is getting worse and worse.
Old Jan 6, 03, 3:02 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ch_usa:
I also looked at the website, and it seems that for regular members no more upgrades will be possible. Wow, this is getting worse and worse.</font>
My guess is that it is a typo because in the new TravelClub handbook, available in the ZRH lounge, Y=&gt;C upgrades are clearly stated as a possibility for everyone.

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.
Old Jan 6, 03, 3:05 am

possible, let's hope so.

Search this Thread