Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Qualiflyer
Reload this Page >

I Think Swiss is Upset About the Cheap LHR-EZE Fare

Old Dec 17, 02, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.

Just flew LHR - EZE on the cheap Biz. Class fare. Checking in in LHR was a madhouse at best as the baggage belts were broken so no one could check in. As on the previous flight, no Eticket number was on the ZRH-EZE boarding pass so the agent had to print out the ticket coupon. I couldn't help but notice the fare basis is: DMFUK. I wonder if the tariff department meant that as a sign of their displeasure or if any thought was given to the code.

On a side note, the flights were all very nice and I even managed to snag an UG from GRU-ZRH. Flight going to EZE was oversold, coming back had about 120 pax. Their First Class service is really top notch. I also met two 20 something guys on the way down who also were taking advantage of the fare. And they had never heard of FT http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Dec 18, 02, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MileTex:
I couldn't help but notice the fare basis is: DMFUK. I wonder if the tariff department meant that as a sign of their displeasure or if any thought was given to the code.</font>
Hmmm ... Something tells me that Swiss wouldn't be that subtle.
Old Dec 18, 02, 1:46 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Roger:
Hmmm ... Something tells me that Swiss wouldn't be that subtle.</font>
I agree...

kooks http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Dec 18, 02, 9:56 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Um, what does fare basis DMFUK mean?
Old Dec 18, 02, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
All I know is the first letter D refers to a discounted business class fare. The MFUK is part of the fare designator. I used to fly to Las Vegas a few years ago on a fare basis that was MRLUCKY. I know there have been other fare codes that spell out words but I can't recall any at the moment.
Old Dec 19, 02, 5:24 am

Almost all Swiss fare basis codes for fares exclusively available in Britain end with the letters UK.
Old Dec 20, 02, 2:19 am

Programs: TG ROP *G, KLM FB Gold, LH Silver
I just got the same fare basis code (DMFUK) on a flight to Bangkok.

Search this Thread