Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Qualiflyer
Reload this Page >

First vs. Business (BOS-ZRH) - Worth the Extra Miles?

Old Dec 11, 02, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

I am new to Flyertalk and just wanted to get an opinion and a comparison from people on the difference between First and Business class transatlantic service for Swiss. Specifically I am going to be flying from BOS-ZRH. Is it worth it to pay the 50% premium to fly in first vs. business?

Also, can someone compare say Continental's Business First to the Business and First Class of Swiss? That is the airline I am most familiar with.

Many thanks.
Old Dec 12, 02, 7:33 am

I flew BOS-ZRH in F and of October on Swiss.

First of all, there is much more personal attention for you than in business (allthough bus suffices for me). The food was good allthough not that good as reported earlier on the F-trip report posted on this forum.
( I think it had to do with the flight time which is really short. I assume they cut back time on the dinner and breakfast.)

Seats were of course perfect. I am 6.4 and could lay down flat without any problem.
My compliments on the wine, esp. the rioja was very good. Also try the 'Cockburn' (port), that will yield some strange looks with your flight attendents!

Back to your original question: is it worth the extra miles ? My thoughts are: if you were flying from MIA or LAX I would do it, otherwise (departing from the US) not. Just because you wouldn't have time to 'enjoy it all'. Of course if your just after the flat bed, you have to do it.

I would save my miles for the return trip (departing Zurich). From what I hear the food that gets on board from there is even better.
Old Dec 12, 02, 8:00 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by digisup:
My thoughts are: if you were flying from MIA or LAX I would do it, otherwise (departing from the US) not. Just because you wouldn't have time to 'enjoy it all'. Of course if your just after the flat bed, you have to do it.
</font>
I agree on that with Disigup.

Again if you have enough miles fly F-class.

Airbus planes have better C-seats then the MD-11 on Swiss flights. So C-class is good enough for flights to JFK or Boston for example.

kooks.

Search this Thread