AA lounge + "ex-gratia miles"

Old Dec 6, 02, 2:01 am
Original Poster

AA lounge + "ex-gratia miles"

2 questions :

1. I will soon be traveling gva-jfk-sfo, upgraded in C for gva-jfk with LX but eco for jfk-sfo with AA. Since I'll have to wait 3 1/2 h at jfk, will I have access to the AA lounge showing my swiss biz ticket ?

2. Oct. 3, I got 5,000 bonus miles for "Ex-gratia miles, SWISS customer relations". Anyone got the same ? Any idea what it means ?

Thanks to anyone for any info.
Old Dec 6, 02, 2:31 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by swiss traveler:
2 questions :

1. I will soon be traveling gva-jfk-sfo, upgraded in C for gva-jfk with LX but eco for jfk-sfo with AA. Since I'll have to wait 3 1/2 h at jfk, will I have access to the AA lounge showing my swiss biz ticket ?

2. Oct. 3, I got 5,000 bonus miles for "Ex-gratia miles, SWISS customer relations". Anyone got the same ? Any idea what it means ?

Thanks to anyone for any info.
</font>
1: You should be able to enter the C-class lounge in JFK I think.

2: Maybe you had a problem during one of your flights or maybe you did answer a questionnaire for Swiss. I also had to do it some weeks ago.

But I did not get any miles for it yet.

kooks.
Old Dec 6, 02, 9:17 am

I don't think AA will let you into the Admirals Club, unless you are departing from that same airport in C class internationally on the day of travel. Probably Swiss C-class lounge in Terminal 4 would let you in, though.

As for the 5000 miles - I got these once when I upgraded with miles and the plane was then operated by an Embraer with one class service.
Old Dec 7, 02, 12:29 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ch_usa:
I don't think AA will let you into the Admirals Club, unless you are departing from that same airport in C class internationally on the day of travel. Probably Swiss C-class lounge in Terminal 4 would let you in, though.

As for the 5000 miles - I got these once when I upgraded with miles and the plane was then operated by an Embraer with one class service.
</font>
I agree with ch_usa, try the Swiss Terminal 4 lounge - As for the Admirals Club at the AA Terminals you would need to be an AC Member regardless of your travelling class.(at least on domestic routes)
Old Dec 9, 02, 1:49 am
Original Poster

thank you all for the usefull information. Since I have no status with AA, and am traveling a domestic Y-class, it looks like I wont be able to use their lounge, so I'll probably will stay a while at the swiss T4 lounge before changing teminals.
Old Dec 9, 02, 3:51 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
I am not sure if LX will let you use their lounge after you have flown them in C (but without an onward connection in C), since it is not declared as an "Arrival Lounge". They might, but IMHO that would be on a courtesy basis...

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.

Search this Thread