Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Qualiflyer
Reload this Page >

can award ticket be upgraded?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2002, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

I plan to redeem AA award (LO ticket in Y class within Europe). Can I upgrade to C class using Qualiflyer miles?
(I assume that AA will pay in cash to LOT and in that essence this ticket could maybe more or less qualify as a paid ticket?)
Thanks!
Old Dec 4, 2002, 6:20 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fokker50:
I plan to redeem AA award (LO ticket in Y class within Europe). Can I upgrade to C class using Qualiflyer miles?
(I assume that AA will pay in cash to LOT and in that essence this ticket could maybe more or less qualify as a paid ticket?)
Thanks!
</font>
Well as far as I know it is not possible (officially). But! I've managed to upgrade my monther on a EWR-ZRH award ticket. This happened at the gate with direct intervention of the supervisor. If they have enough meals on board and are in a good mood you might get lucky. You might also try it directly with reservations... Although I've never heard of this working... but hey its free!

[This message has been edited by atlantic (edited 12-04-2002).]
Old Dec 4, 2002, 10:37 pm

I agree with Atlantic on this.

According to thr rules the Award tket are not upgradable.

But some times you get lucky.

kooks.
Old Dec 4, 2002, 10:57 pm

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I flew YUL-ZRH a couple of years back on SR with my father-in-law. I had a C-ticket and he had a companion ticket. We were both upgraded to F. Boy, did I score points with that! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Dec 5, 2002, 9:39 am

It really depends on the supervisor and your story. 7 weeks ago I had an award Z ticket from BOS to ZRH, asked supervisor to bump me up to F. Of course at first 'no no no'.
Be friendly but persistent. In the end she told me to meet her at the gate and she bumped me up. (btw, that day I already flew the SEA-STL STL-BOS so those facts backup up my story that I would like to get a good nights rest ;-). )
Old Dec 5, 2002, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.