Wiki Posts
Search

some spare miles.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2002, 11:06 am
Original Poster

some spare miles.

Hi!!
I have abt 31000 miles on qualifyer which i would like to transfer somehow to hilton. these points are good enuff for 1 biz class (25000) and a upgrade within europe. or for 2 companion tix...

the points expire in aug next yr, and am unlikely to be able to use them before that... but, do have my honeymoon coming up... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Wonder if it would be possible to do a reasonable exchange (to anything useful!) ?

IaLTO

(this is a cross post from hhonors. sorry for the repeat)
Old Nov 5, 2002, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Do you know that you can book award tickets as far as 364 days in advance? Thus, you can effecively keep your miles valid one more year.

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.
Old Nov 6, 2002, 9:09 am

Their website does not say anything about it yet
Old Nov 6, 2002, 9:13 am

oops, posted to the wrong topic!
Old Nov 8, 2002, 11:46 am

And that (unfortunately for you in this case but rightfully so for QF since they are already so flexible with their rewards) you cannot change destination nor routing on award tickets. But I think you CAN return them (for a small fee?) and get the miles back ... hmmmm I wonder if people have tried that as a way of prolonging validity of their miles ...??

AP

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by airoli:
Do you know that you can book award tickets as far as 364 days in advance? Thus, you can effecively keep your miles valid one more year.

</font>
Old Nov 8, 2002, 1:04 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">I wonder if people have tried that as a way of prolonging validity of their miles</font>

The only case where such a scenario applies is when a TCG member is downgraded (miles remain valid for 3 years after loss of status).

Redeposited miles keep their original expiration date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.