Anyone done the LHR-ZRH-EZE run yet?

Old Oct 30, 02, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Anyone done the LHR-ZRH-EZE run yet?

I'm looking forward to reading the first trip report.

Stephen
Old Oct 30, 02, 10:11 am

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
Am booked for Nov.2. Friend who I bought a ticket for may not be able to go though. If they won't refund my $$$ or Pounds, will they at least let me use the ticket so I'll have an empty seat next to me on the flights?

[This message has been edited by MileTex (edited 10-30-2002).]
Old Oct 31, 02, 2:32 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Is anyone considering not flying the last segment ZRH-LHR ? I´m still not quite sure how this would affect my fare.
Old Oct 31, 02, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
I guess they'd be after you to collect the missing £2,000!
Old Oct 31, 02, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Also, your ticket is probably constructed EZE-ZRH-X-LHR, i.e. no stopover, so if you have baggage, you would have it checked through to LHR.

You could choose to have a stopover and pay the £2,000, plus stopover fee (which I think from memory was £50 or so).

Probably not worth the hassle.
Old Oct 31, 02, 3:18 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I never (on different airlines) had difficultiies, to have luggage only checked through to a specific (specified by me at check-in) airport (even when that airport was a non-stop-over and getting the boarding passes thorugh) with any ticket.

sometimes - 'en route' - I also checked in an additional piece (no problem, as long as the overall piece or weight is ok).

[This message has been edited by Rudi (edited 10-31-2002).]
Old Nov 4, 02, 8:52 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rudi:
I never (on different airlines) had difficultiies, to have luggage only checked through to a specific (specified by me at check-in) airport (even when that airport was a non-stop-over and getting the boarding passes thorugh) with any ticket.

[This message has been edited by Rudi (edited 10-31-2002).]
</font>
I had problems 2 years ago. My ticket was LAS-DFW-ZRH-BRU on a cheap fare (AA flights with SR codeshare numbers). AA in LAS refused to check in my lugagge to ZRH only without paying the supplement to a higher fare. So I checked it in to BRU and went in ZRH to the lost bagagge counter telling them that I wouldn't fly the last segment; and they returned my lugagge without any problem.
Old Nov 4, 02, 12:47 pm

Programs: Flying Blue life Platinum , *A Gold ,PC Plat. IC Royal Ambassador , SPG Platinum
I just comming back. Any questions ?

------------------
JC25
Old Nov 4, 02, 1:53 pm

Of course !!! Did you get any questions or remarks in London or Buenos Aires when checking in ?
How was the service onboard ?
Did anybody tell you anything about not earning any miles ? Did you check your account online if the miles have been credited ?

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by huegli (edited 11-04-2002).]
Old Nov 4, 02, 2:57 pm

Programs: Flying Blue life Platinum , *A Gold ,PC Plat. IC Royal Ambassador , SPG Platinum
a) check in London with etkt.. after a LOT of time(half an hour)
it appears that etkt was only for LHR/ZRH they have to issue a "paper"ticket for ZRH/EZE. But at return in BsAs, NO problems : the same etkt nr. was for the 2 segments
b) service ? I find it better regarding my other trips before on this line in C....
c) NO trouble at all
d) two days after clubmiles, online booking, etkt were credited on my account as TC bonus. I cheked it in a cybercafé in BsAs.
e) I return in a few weeks with an upgrade in first. Miles are debited 3 weeks ago.....

------------------
JC25
Old Nov 4, 02, 3:40 pm

Thanks a lot JC25 for these information. It appears that they will give us miles for the flights afterall. Maybe it was just a few "selected" FTers who got that note in their profile about not getting any miles.
Uff, I was already getting ready for a legal fight....
Old Nov 4, 02, 9:55 pm

I arrived in B.A. two days ago. Not many problems except for the same issue as JC25 had in ZRH with the Etkt/Paper Ticket. (Hey JC25, send me an email if you read this so we can have a drink) Took about 15 mins. to resolve and they told me to find my paper ticket or I would no be allowed on the plane. The gate agent controller was really nice and seemed to know my name and all my ticket details. I am only a regular QG member and therefore not allowed to UG from Biz. to 1st. I asked him and he said there were a few seats avail. so he would do it for me. You might check in LHR to see whether the ZRH-EZE boarding pass has an Eticket number on it.

Service and food were simply terrific and I slept from the time we left the coast of Spain till 45 mins. out of GRU. Flying time to GRU was 11:40. Plus 2:20 on to EZE. I usually sleep very poorly on the flights, but I´m sure the champagne and "not on the menu" Chilean dessert wine plus the flat seats had something to do with it. I kept the menu from First and Biz. so if anyone would like to see it I´ll post it later.

Its about 2am now and I just got back from dinner. They do like to eat late here. Prices at the restaurants are simply laughable. Went to a great restaurant, Bella Italia, and for 3 with a great Argentinian wine and a few after dinner drinks the bill was less than $30USD. Also found out that this restuarant has a sister restaurant in my hometown of Fort Worth, Texas. Small world.

I had the conception that you would be mugged everywhere you went. Simply not true. Granted I´m not walking around dark streets alone but just use common sense and you´ll be fine. I´m at the Hilton which is a really nice hotel in one of the better/newer areas. Tonnes of great restaurants within walking distance (5 mins) and the rates are pretty cheap for this quality of a hotel.....around $85 USD. Plus I got UGed to Exec. floor with free B´fast and cocktail hr. Taxis are very cheap as well. The 40 min. ride from EZE to the hotel was $14. I´m flying back in two days and wished I´d have stayed longer. But alas I have 3 more trips booked here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif Any other ??? just ask. And have a great trip down here.

Oh, just checked my QG acct. and the LHR-ZRH posted for 2000 miles and the Eticket bonus of 2000 miles posted as well. No sign of the ZRH-EZE leg but surely it will appear soon.
Old Nov 4, 02, 10:14 pm

Programs: Hilton, IHG, Choice, Alaska, Avianca, Japan Airlines
Wonderful news. Do you get the paper ticket in ZRH?
Old Nov 5, 02, 7:20 am

I didn´t get a paper ticket at all. They just did alot of checking in the computer at ZRH and said it was OK afterall.

Search this Thread