Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Qualiflyer
Reload this Page >

Excellent LX oneway fares ex UK: 7000 miles from 67GBP + Tax

Old Sep 15, 02, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Swiss offers some great oneway Y fares from the UK which allow three segments, are changeable and can earn up to 7000 miles.

Examples:
LHR-GVA-ZRH-MUC for GBP 67 + Tax
LHR-GVA-ZRH-DUS for GBP 74 + Tax
LHR-GVA-ZRH-HAM for GBP 80 + Tax

Miles calculation:

LHR-GVA 1000
GVA-ZRH 500
ZRH-DUS 1000
Online booking bonus 2000
E>Ticket bonus 3 segments 1500
E>Checkin bonus 2 segments 1000

Total: 7000

This requires that you check in at LHR only for the first segment and later perform e>chekin in GVA for the remaining segments, in order to get the maximum miles.

It even works with a >24 hrs stopover in GVA!

I flew this route two weeks ago, but as usual, am still waiting for the online booking bonus and one segment of the e>ticket bonus to show up, but was assured by a QG service agent that these miles would come through.

Attention: The three segments only work when booking online. Different phone agents have all denied a routing via GVA when I called to make a change to the ticket. This resulted in me having to cancel the ticket and buy a new one, as I required a stop for a meeting in GVA.

Fare Conditions

6.MINIMUM STAY:
NONE FOR BLMFOWUK TYPE FARES

8.MAXIMUM STAY:
NONE FOR BLMFOWUK TYPE FARES

18.VOLUNTARY REROUTING:
-SEE PARAGRAPH 20-CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS

19.INVOLUNTARY REROUTING:
-SEE PARAGRAPH 20-CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS

20.CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS:
BETWEEN UNITED KINGDOM AND EUROPE
CANCELLATIONS
BEFORE DEPARTURE
CHARGE GBP 60.00 FOR REFUND.
TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE IN CASE OF NO-SHOW.
NOTE -
PENALTY APPLIES AFTER TICKET ISSUANCE.
BEFORE TICKET ISSUANCE NO PENALTY APPLIES.
PARTIALLY UNUSED TICKETS HAVE NO VALUE.
CHANGES
BEFORE DEPARTURE
CHARGE GBP 20.00 FOR REVALIDATION.
NOTE -
SUBJECT TO CORRECT BOOKING CLASS AVAILABILITY
AND ONCE THE VALIDITY OF THE ORIGINAL
TICKET IS RESPECTED.
YEARLY TICKETS CHANGED FREE OF CHARGE.
AFTER DEPARTURE
CHARGE GBP 60.00 FOR REISSUE.
CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY.
NOTE -
APPLIES WITHIN THE VALIDITY OF THE
ORIGINAL TICKET.
YEARLY TICKETS CHANGED FREE OF CHARGE.

[This message has been edited by HajoFlyer (edited 09-15-2002).]
Old Sep 15, 02, 4:59 pm

Programs: Hilton, IHG, Choice, Alaska, Avianca, Japan Airlines
Nice find - how about a return?
Old Sep 16, 02, 2:27 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by davistev:
Nice find - how about a return?</font>
Not on LX, I'm affraid. I couldn't find any return fares, or QG oneway fares Europe - UK, anywhere near this price and flexibility. But BMI British Midland do offer oneway fares from many European gateways to the UK for around 50 + Tax. This is what I used on my outbound trip to the UK, thereby collecting miles in both of my favourite FFPs, QG and LH M&M.
Old Sep 17, 02, 6:44 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
On the LX booking page I found a fare of 65 pounds OW from LHR to MIL via BSL. Would it be possible to do MAN-BSL-GVA-ZRH-MIL, in otherwords 4 sectors with a less than 24 hours overnight stop in GVA? I have no idea how to work the LX booking page to do this!
Old Sep 17, 02, 7:28 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Concerto:
On the LX booking page I found a fare of 65 pounds OW from LHR to MIL via BSL. Would it be possible to do MAN-BSL-GVA-ZRH-MIL, in otherwords 4 sectors with a less than 24 hours overnight stop in GVA? I have no idea how to work the LX booking page to do this!</font>
What you should do is select the Multiple Trips on the page of this page: http://www.swiss.com/direct-online-booking

and then compose your itinary as you want. But I not sure about the rate of 65 for it.

I will try.

kooks.
Old Sep 17, 02, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Concerto & kooks, I'm affraid four segments won't work. I tried it myself for my previous UK-CH-D flight, without success.
Old Sep 18, 02, 10:16 am

What about 3 segments? Could one do LHR-GVA-ZRH-MIL, with a less than 24 hour stopover in GVA? When I tried using the multiple trip system, it tended to price each sector separately. I'm probably doing the wrong thing.
Old Sep 18, 02, 11:32 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Concerto:
What about 3 segments? Could one do LHR-GVA-ZRH-MIL, with a less than 24 hour stopover in GVA? When I tried using the multiple trip system, it tended to price each sector separately. I'm probably doing the wrong thing.</font>
What I think is that those are specials fares and the prices are fixed. If you want to had a segment it will be calculated as separate segment and not be in the special price.
The best thing is to call Swiss and ask. Even in Switzerland they can quote the prices for flights out of Switzerland. Then just book the flights online.

kooks.
Old Sep 19, 02, 4:50 pm

Actually, the above routing worked on the Multi Trip booking engine. The mistake I made was to click the "one way" box, which only appeared under the first booking segment. None of the other segments have a "one way" box on the page when it come up. I wonder if the system is treating it as a sort of open jaw international return, rather than a one way. For there it was, LHR-GVA (less than 24 hours overnight) GVA-ZRH-MIL, for 65 pounds plus tax.
Old Sep 20, 02, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Concerto, as you can see from the fare base BLMFOWUK, it is not a return fare. BTW, it also works for me with stopovers &gt;24 hrs.
Old Sep 20, 02, 1:11 pm

You mean stopovers in excess of 24 hours?
Old Sep 21, 02, 6:57 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HajoFlyer:
BTW, it also works for me with stopovers &gt;24 hrs.</font>
You mean stopovers in excess of 24 hours?</font>
Nothing personal, Concerto, but you don't really expect an answer to this question, do you?
Old Oct 29, 02, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Just to inform that this fare opportunity is now GONE.

Do we have a lurker?
Old Oct 29, 02, 5:56 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HajoFlyer:
Do we have a lurker?</font>
For sure we do.

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.
Old Oct 29, 02, 5:57 am
Patron

loophole? well, Qualiflyer monitors this board regularly ... Rudi

Search this Thread