Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2002, 2:00 am
Raf
Original Poster

Programs: M@M FT, Flying Blue, BA Exec. Club, CSA Plus
Swiss C-class in Europe

to previous topic :

I flow Swiss C class on Avro and Saab 2000 / ERJ recently :
- meals on flights longer than 1h30' in C are hot (salad and small hot plate), but that hot part look "unidentify" and taste bad - a lot of pax don't want to eat that "mix" - just refreshment
- Saab and ERJ has no divider between C and Y (servis the same, but when you fly C you are not able to seat on the rear part - emergency exit row http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif )
- only important differebce is lounge access - Swiss lounge in Basel is Generous (roomy, nice view, clean showers, wide snacks and dinks service
So - If I have a short transfer in ZRH or EAP - I'd rather prefer economy.

Raf

Old Oct 28, 2002, 2:56 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
While the service on board of the S20 or ERJ is the same regardless of class, there are quite a few things that are different:
  • C pax check in at C counters.
  • C baggage is handled with priority.
  • C pax have lounge access.
  • C tickets are normally more flexible in terms of rebooking, cancelling etc.
  • C pax get the class of service bonus, i.e. 50% more but at least 2000 instead of 1000 status miles.
Regarding the seating, if the plane is not full you can change to any seat of your convenience once boarding is completed.

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.
Old Oct 28, 2002, 5:32 am

Raf,

Normaly you should get a hot meal even if your flight time is less then 90 minutes.
But it depends, for example from GVA to LHR and return, normaly you get a hot meal in C-class.

Last time I flew from LHR to GVA I "only" got a salad (70 min flight time). But from GVA to LHR I had a hot meal (75 min flight time); so it really depends.

kooks.

[This message has been edited by kooks (edited 10-28-2002).]
Old Oct 28, 2002, 9:07 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Whether the meal is hot or not also depends on the time of the day, not only the length of the flight in question.

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.