Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Qualiflyer
Reload this Page >

LHR-EZE Cheap Swiss Fares (€516 C CLass)

LHR-EZE Cheap Swiss Fares (€516 C CLass)

Old Oct 4, 2002, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

It seems to me that Swiss are in fact honouring the ticket mistake. I don’t believe they rang anyone today. However, I still have a rather major problem:

-- Rang them last night when the ticket status changed to “expired” and was told that there was nothing to worry about. It simply meant that the e-ticket hadn’t been issued.
-- Shortly afterwards, logged-on Swiss.com to see that the ticket status had suddenly changed to cancelled! Obviously rather concerned, I rang up again to be told that, that my tickets were not cancelled. I was even told I could select seats etc.
-- Log on Swiss.com once more last night and see that the status is still on cancelled so ring Swiss once more. This time end up talking to a Conrad from Australia who confirms the tickets aren’t cancelled at all and that it must be some sort of IT problem.

Jolly happily, forget about the whole thing until this evening. Go to Swiss.com to see that my tickets are still cancelled and hence call Swiss again. This time, someone from Cape Town answers and informs me that the reservation was in fact cancelled, supposedly by me! What on earth is all that about? Some kind of joke? Tells me she will try and get it re-instated but it now a few hours later and nothing has changed. I am not holding my breath either.

Anyone have any idea what I should make out of this? As far as I know, I am the only passenger to have their tickets cancelled? Singling me out for spreading this around the net? Pissed off employee (first phone call) decides to annoy me? Genuine mistake by someone?

Jeremiah
Old Oct 4, 2002, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Teahan: Most likely just a bunch of completely confused / overstreched Mindpearl calling center agents. My experience with "difficult" requests (also regarding QG award tickets) is to always call to ZRH or BSL only.

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.
Old Oct 4, 2002, 4:17 pm

I wonder how many of us ended up booking the unintentional special offer - and what percentage were Flyertalkers. I'm off to EZE 24/12 to 30/12.

Stephen
Old Oct 4, 2002, 5:24 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
stephan we shall nearly be meeting: i leave 26 dec come back 03 january/04 january.

[This message has been edited by GVA (edited 10-04-2002).]
Old Oct 4, 2002, 8:22 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
What is the date of the first person actually departing on this offer? My wife and I do not leave until Aujust 2003.

I am wondering what type of experience, service one can expect and of course if they honour the booking at check-in.
Old Oct 5, 2002, 3:11 am

Programs: QR platinum
leaving 28th november, back 7/12
Old Oct 5, 2002, 7:45 am

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
Well I'm off on 02 November. Anyone leaving before me? Checked on my rez. and although it shows confirmed the tickets have not been issued. (ie. no ticket numbers have been put into my PNR).
Old Oct 6, 2002, 10:48 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
just a question what exactly is a PNR? how do you check if ticket numbers have been put?
Old Oct 6, 2002, 11:02 am

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GVA:
just a question what exactly is a PNR? how do you check if ticket numbers have been put?</font>
Basically a PNR is your reservation. You can call Swiss and they will tell you if ticket numbers have been issued. Seemingly if a ticket number has been issued it seems like a binding contract has been made. I have 4 reservations and none have been issued ticket numbers. Hopefully that will change next week.
Old Oct 6, 2002, 11:48 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
PNR = Personal Name Record

I always ask for (and get one) a print-out of my PNR after ticketing and again (adjusted) days before my flight (and all upgrades cleared, seat-allocation, etc).
Old Oct 6, 2002, 1:15 pm
GVA

ok thanks guys. Just wondering as i have my seat numbers already does that help at all?
Anyway if anyone has a PNR please say so.
Old Oct 6, 2002, 1:34 pm

GVA,

I think the only thing that would help is the Etket number... or a paper tket.

Confirmation of the flight or a seat allocation is not enough of what I know.

kooks.
Old Oct 7, 2002, 11:05 am
GVA

did anyone get phoned today or on friday by swiss? i haven't looks like swiss has decided to honour.
Old Oct 7, 2002, 11:08 am

GVA,

Are you sure, did you get the Etket??

kooks.
Old Oct 7, 2002, 11:32 am

I got my full e ticket thing by e mail this afternoon.

Stephen

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.