FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qualiflyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qualiflyer-406/)
-   -   Changing Programmes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qualiflyer/82275-changing-programmes.html)

sjharte Oct 16, 2002 7:05 am

Changing Programmes

After not having heard anything from Qualiflyer about the new scheme (despite having 120K points unused) I called them this morning (16 Oct).

Apparently I have been pre-allocated to the Swiss scheme.

They did say that I could transfer to Lot (ie Miles & More) by sending a fax to the Qualiflyer London office.

Miles and More sounds attractive as:

1. It is a known quantity unlike the Swiss scheme.

2. I can get UK-USA for 75K in C and 100K in F (as opposed to 100K and 150K in LX at the moment).

I think I'll transfer and say goodbye to Swiss air.

I'm doing the EZE run on the last days on the Qualiflyer scheme (ie out 24 Dec back 30/31 Dec). Will these points be transferred to Miles & More too?

Stephen

beepee Oct 16, 2002 7:23 am

you are lucky, you can change to Miles & More!

if you want to hold some points on LX or one of the other programs i was told that you could charge the miles from your EZE trip to a new account, provided you take a new qualiflyer-account and it is also mentioned on the qualiflyer website:

Double Membership: I am interested in becoming a Member in more than just one of the new frequent flyer programmes. How do I proceed?

Until December 31, 2002

Yes, a Membership in several programmes is possible. However, please be aware that your mileage balance from the "Qualiflyer" programme cannot be split over several accounts. You will start as a new Member in any additional programme(s) you want to enroll to.
We will make sure that upon request you will be enrolled as a Member in either "Swiss Travel Club", "Navigator" or "Privilege".

HajoFlyer Oct 16, 2002 10:30 am

Stephen, without wanting to disillusion you, I'm affraid that you will NOT be allowed to change to LOT, and that the information you were give on the phone was wrong (it's a known fact that most FFP phone agents know less about their programme rules than FTers do). The Qualiflyer website is very explicit about the rules governing the change from QG to the post-2002 programmes. If you were not invited by LOT in the first place, then there is no (official) chance to switch to LOT. There may be rare exceptions, but I suppose these would only be given to Polish residents. You may however try to push them, or ask very politely, or just play naive, and it may work for you. I was considering to do exactly that myself, because until yesterday (the deadline for switching between the LX, SN and TP programmes) absolutely no information has been officially provided on future award levels, partner airlines, etc. As I have stated on these boards before, I find this lack of communication disappointing and scandalous. When the rumors were disclosed here yesterday that SN would fully partner up with BA, IB and AY, I briefly considered changing to SN Privilege. But LX serves most of the destinations I require and I regularly fly between Germany and Switzerland both private and on business, so LX should serve me well. But my loyalties will be more spread than before (used to be almost exclusively LH, OS and LX). I will either build up some mileage in SN Privilege as well, or wait for the announced programme changes in the BA Executive Club and pile up miles their.

Anyway, good luck with your attempt at LOT and M&M - still my favourite programme.

Hajo

sjharte Oct 16, 2002 10:32 am

I ahven't faxed them yet but I'm doing it more in hope than expectation!!

Stephen

connex2me Oct 17, 2002 4:46 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HajoFlyer:
...or wait for the announced programme changes in the BA Executive Club...
</font>
Hajo, I know it's slightly off topic for this forum, but can you provide any links concerning changes in BA EC? Haven't found any anouncements yet... Thanks!

AustrianFT Oct 17, 2002 4:49 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sjharte:
\
2. I can get UK-USA for 75K in C and 100K in F (as opposed to 100K and 150K in LX at the moment).

</font>
Sorry to tell you, but as a European resident awards to the us will cost you 75000/105000/140000 miles, the lower amount is for US residents for trips starting in the USA

sjharte Oct 17, 2002 4:50 am

Oh well, that was the attraction so I think I'll just stay with Swiss.

Stephen

HajoFlyer Oct 17, 2002 7:13 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by connex2me:
Hajo, I know it's slightly off topic for this forum, but can you provide any links concerning changes in BA EC? Haven't found any anouncements yet... Thanks!</font>
connex2me, there are no official announcements yet, but there have been rumours on the BA board for a few months and other strong indications that the BA EC will receive a major overhaul mid 2003. As far as I am concerned, it can only get better.

slawecki Oct 17, 2002 8:12 pm

I attempted to move to LOT. I emailed and received a reply from LOT in about 2 days.

Since my flights were on SwissAir, I could not transfer to LOT M&M.