FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qualiflyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qualiflyer-406/)
-   -   Transfer Qualiflyer to M&M (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qualiflyer/82259-transfer-qualiflyer-m-m.html)

slawecki Sep 24, 2002 6:58 am

Transfer Qualiflyer to M&M

My wife and I have about 100k QF miles. Is there any way we can get them transfered to M&M, perhaps through LOT? We have only flown on Swissair, and were recently reassigned LX(Swiss) qualiflyer numbers.

We live in USA.

[This message has been edited by slawecki (edited 09-24-2002).]

airoli Sep 24, 2002 7:25 am

If you have not received a letter from LOT inviting you to transfer your miles, there is no way I'm aware of.

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line. ;)

michilo Sep 24, 2002 7:25 am

This is a very good question. I tried to transfer by calling the LOT service center. They told me that my account would be transferred to Swiss. I should call Swiss which I did not - yet. I fear they will refuse it.

sjharte Sep 24, 2002 8:36 am

How do we know which scheme we have been assigned? I ahve not been contacted by QF at all and I ahve over 100K points.

Stephen

airoli Sep 24, 2002 8:53 am

Stephen, you are either assigned the "LOT sheme" with a transfer to M&M, or the "Qualiflyer sheme". If the latter is the case, you will get a letter in the next days where you'll have the free choice between the new programs of SN, TP and LX (QG suggests a program, but you can change).

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line. ;)

Counsellor Sep 24, 2002 10:52 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by airoli:
. . . you will get a letter in the next days where you'll have the free choice between the new programs of SN, TP and LX (QG suggests a program, but you can change).
</font>
Or, if you've given them an e-mail address, you should have received an e-mail from Qualiflyer earlier this month with the offer.

sjharte Sep 24, 2002 12:15 pm

They have my e mail address (I get all the special bonus miles offers etc) but I have heard nothing (except on here) about the change.

Maybe no one wants me?

:-(

Stephen

chris1 Sep 24, 2002 2:09 pm

Let me add something new. Today I talked to my colleague at work. She did not received the letter from LOT, so she called them. She was tald her QF account would be trasferrd to Travel Club because more than 50% of flights were made on Swissair/Crossair/Swiss. Even if she is a Polish resident, she was offerred opening the new account at M&M and earning miles from the beginning with LOT.
Strange, I thought that customers can say a word in that case....

[This message has been edited by chris1 (edited 09-25-2002).]

LH738 Oct 9, 2002 9:02 am

www.fvw.de reports (sorry only in German):

Qualiflyer: Kunden müssen blind wählen
Wie angekündigt, wird das Vielflieger-Programm Qualiflyer am 1. Januar 2003 in drei unabhängige Produkte aufgeteilt. Die bisherigen Qualiflyer-Partner werden die bestehende Kundenbasis unter sich aufteilen.

Mitglieder können noch bis zum 15. Oktober ihr bevorzugtes Programm wählen. "Diese Auswahl ist jedoch in der Praxis unmöglich", beklagt Meilenberater Ravindra Bhagwanani vom Unternehmen Globalflight Management. Da bisher kaum Einzelheiten über die drei neuen Programme bekannt seien, müsse der Kunde die Auswahl blind treffen.

Marvella Oct 9, 2002 10:33 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LH738:
www.fvw.de reports (sorry only in German):

Qualiflyer: Kunden müssen blind wählen
Wie angekündigt, wird das Vielflieger-Programm Qualiflyer am 1. Januar 2003 in drei unabhängige Produkte aufgeteilt. Die bisherigen Qualiflyer-Partner werden die bestehende Kundenbasis unter sich aufteilen.

Mitglieder können noch bis zum 15. Oktober ihr bevorzugtes Programm wählen. "Diese Auswahl ist jedoch in der Praxis unmöglich", beklagt Meilenberater Ravindra Bhagwanani vom Unternehmen Globalflight Management. Da bisher kaum Einzelheiten über die drei neuen Programme bekannt seien, müsse der Kunde die Auswahl blind treffen.
</font>
Can you translate this to English for us Non-German speaking people.

Thanks...Marvella

huegli Oct 9, 2002 3:44 pm

Sure (even though I´m not an interpreter...).

"(b) Qualiflyer: customers have to choose blindly"

As previously announced, the frequent flyer program Qualiflyer will be divided up into 3 independent products. The present Qualiflyer partners will divide the existing customer base between them.
Members can choose their preferred program until October 15. "This choice is in fact impossible" complains Ravindra Bhagwanani, mileage consultant of Globalflight Management. Since hardly any details on the three new programs are known, the customer will have to make his choice blindly."

Hope this helps.

Marvella Oct 9, 2002 11:20 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by huegli:
Sure (even though I´m not an interpreter...).

"(b) Qualiflyer: customers have to choose blindly"

As previously announced, the frequent flyer program Qualiflyer will be divided up into 3 independent products. The present Qualiflyer partners will divide the existing customer base between them.
Members can choose their preferred program until October 15. "This choice is in fact impossible" complains Ravindra Bhagwanani, mileage consultant of Globalflight Management. Since hardly any details on the three new programs are known, the customer will have to make his choice blindly."

Hope this helps.
</font>
Good Job....Thank you Huegli,
Also since you are from
Switzerland, how is Geneva in January?
Is the Hilton one of the nicer places to stay?

kooks Oct 10, 2002 1:28 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Marvella:
Good Job....Thank you Huegli,
Also since you are from
Switzerland, how is Geneva in January?
Is the Hilton one of the nicer places to stay?

</font>
You should try the President Wilson Hotel in Geneva a Hotel from Starwood program, very nice one. Personaly I think it is much better then the Hilton...

kooks.