Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Qualiflyer
Reload this Page >

"dummy segments" after online booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2002, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Hi there!

Just booked a return flight DUS-ZUR-ATH online at swiss.com and "found" another segment at the very end. The booking now looks as follows:

LX 1026 SWISS Zürich, Schweiz Düsseldorf, Deutschland 17:45 / 01NOV 19:05 / 01NOV Economy
LX 7997 SWISS FQA FQB 01:00 / 01DEC 13:01 / 01DEC

When I asked a call center agent, she just told me "not to worry"; FQA and FQB are both "just dummy cities"...

My only remaining question is: how the heck can I check-in for that segment to get the e-ticket bonus? ;-)

Alexander

PS: Is there any way to check seat assignments online for LX (when booked online and / or for companion tickets)?

[edited for spelling]

[This message has been edited by Akki (edited 09-17-2002).]
Old Sep 17, 2002, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Looks like the SWISS booking engine is just booking a 'retaining' faux booking segment to keep the PNR active till 1 Dec 2002.

You see, once flights have passed, PNR's get purged or 'deletd' from airline CRS's. The booking engine that is doing the reservation is not with SWISS themselves but through a third party. they would need this 'active' segment just in csae of 'internal' auditing. Nothing to do with you really.

You will get your bonus miles after your flights. Not after the date on the PNR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.