Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Qualiflyer
Reload this Page >

Qualiflyer RIP, Where is the best place to go?

Old Sep 9, 02, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Qualiflyer dies by the end of 2002. The bad news has been mentioned in other postings.

Qualiflyer currently is my most flexible frequent flyer programme. Better than the other ones where I am a member, like KLM Flying Dutchman, Lufthansa Miles & More, Air France Frequence Plus, British Airways Executive Club and Alitalia MilleMiglia. None of the others have eight segments per award ticket, various airlines for awards, cheap C-Class awards (25,000 miles for up to 8 European flight segments). I fear most of this will get lost.

LOT Polish will join Lufthansa Miles & More; Swiss will go alone with TravelClub; TAP Air Portugal will go alone with Navigator; SN Brussels will go alone with Privilege. SN Brussels Airlines has a very limited network and in its frequent flyer programme zero to none partner airlines. TAP Air Portugal has a slightly better network but its frequent flyer programme has also zero to none partner airlines. Swiss has in my opinion the best network of the 4 but is unclear about the partner airlines in its new frequent flyer programme. Lufthansa Miles & More is in the Star Alliance and has beyond Star a series of other partner’ airlines. Nevertheless I presume Miles & More is relative expensive when booking awards, see http://cms.lufthansa.com/de/fly/de/m...16783,00.html.

My question is: where is the best place to go? Swiss? Miles & More?

[This message has been edited by kurz (edited 09-09-2002).]
Old Sep 9, 02, 9:47 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
If I understand correctly you are not that free to choose. You will get an invitation to join one of the four programmes, based on your travel pattern so far. If that invitation is for Miles & More you are stuck. If you're invited to one of the other three (LX, TP, SN) you can switch to either of the other two by notifying Qualiflyer before 15 October, but you can not switch to Miles & More. Correct?
Old Sep 9, 02, 9:56 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kurz:

My question is: where is the best place to go? Swiss? Miles & More?
</font>
I think as it was written on the newspapers and on the Qualiflyer.com site, we have to wait until they give us the information about the partners to be.

If Swiss joins OW then we will have the choice between:

One World and Star Alliance.

If I don t mistake I think that would be our choice...

kooks.
Old Sep 9, 02, 10:45 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Hagbard Viking:
If I understand correctly you are not that free to choose. You will get an invitation to join one of the four programmes, based on your travel pattern so far. If that invitation is for Miles & More you are stuck. If you're invited to one of the other three (LX, TP, SN) you can switch to either of the other two by notifying Qualiflyer before 15 October, but you can not switch to Miles & More. Correct?</font>
I have read very carefully through all the information on the website and believe that your statement is 100% correct.
Old Sep 9, 02, 11:18 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
I have to agree with Viking and HajoFlyer, there won't be a choice between LX and Miles and More.

What I don't like about the whole thing is that I'll have to chose between 3 programs (LX,SN,TP) without knowing what will be offered.

By the way: Where was it mentioned that the new SWISS TravelClub will not offer the same flexibility (e.g. 8 segments per ticket)?

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.
Old Sep 9, 02, 11:33 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by airoli:
I have to agree with Viking and HajoFlyer, there won't be a choice between LX and Miles and More.

What I don't like about the whole thing is that I'll have to chose between 3 programs (LX,SN,TP) without knowing what will be offered.

</font>
I have to say I made a mistake. I have also to agree with all of you on this new matter. The only choice for those of us with does not live in Poland is between the 3 programs: LX, SN or TP as wrote Airoli.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">

By the way: Where was it mentioned that the new SWISS TravelClub will not offer the same flexibility (e.g. 8 segments per ticket)?
</font>
It is not mentioned anyware yet. I hope the program will remain unchanged. Any way in the email I received it is said:

" You can continue to collect and spend miles. The mileage
balance in your Qualiflyer account will be automatically
transferred to your new Swiss TravelClub account on
January 1, 2003. Those miles will remain valid (in
accordance with the current Qualiflyer Terms of
Participation); and any Qualiflyer awards already issued
(such as Free Tickets) will also retain their validity. "

So I hope this apply to the 8 segments too.

kooks.
Old Sep 9, 02, 1:36 pm

I would guess that most rules remain the same, and that the oneworld alliance membership (which, judging on these changes, seems to be coming through without doubt) makes Swiss TravelClub very attractive. There should be more options to chose from than we have now. Let's cross our fingers.
Old Sep 9, 02, 1:51 pm

What if you havent had any Qualiflyer flights at all? I only have about 4K miles from sign up promo and a Swissotel Stay. I would prefer the miles be transfered to LH Miles and More but will I be stucked with LX since I had the Swissotel stay?
Old Sep 9, 02, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
We're in the same boat, Kempis, except that my SR/LX flights went to my AA account. Because of my lack of SR/LX flights, my QG message says I have been allocated to SN (!)

We won't have the M&M option and will have to choose between LX, TP and SN.

Of these, I prefer LX, because I know I can redeem my miles with AA as well as use them to/from Zurich. In your case, you may want o contemplate LX's wider network?

(Remember when SK and SR were partners? - before frequent flyer programmes.)
Old Sep 9, 02, 2:10 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kempis:
What if you havent had any Qualiflyer flights at all? I only have about 4K miles from sign up promo and a Swissotel Stay. I would prefer the miles be transfered to LH Miles and More but will I be stucked with LX since I had the Swissotel stay?</font>
Kempis,
try to contact Qualiflyer in Poland. I called them two weeks ago to check if I was on mailing list. You can ask them for putting your QG number on the transfer list. In the package I received from LOT there was a special form which I was to send back or fax it to given number. Maybe it is the way to do it?
The fax number from the package was: + 48 12 644 26 62 or call + 48 22 577 70 61
Old Sep 9, 02, 2:42 pm

Programs: QR platinum
IMO and my case not allowing to split our QG -account into 2 new FFP's is not a smart move by Swiss.
As SNBA only offers european & african destinations i would stick with Swiss for all other destinations and travel via Swiss airports. Without the possibility to split i probably choose for others carriers with direct flights out of Brussels without transferring in Zurich ...

[This message has been edited by beepee (edited 09-09-2002).]
Old Sep 9, 02, 3:04 pm

Would this also be a good time for a comp request? First try to get LX/Qualiflyer to comp my AC Elite and then contact LOT and try to transfer it there instead?
Old Sep 9, 02, 5:32 pm

Programs: TP, AF, BA, LH, CO
As a portuguese flyer and with the information that i have now (almost none) i'll certainly transfer my present membership to swiss travel club (swiss as a much better routemap to spend miles) and start a new one with TAP (i hope that the recent relation with iberia will remain valid after 2002).

Navigator link:
http://www.tapnavigator.com/

Rucas0.

------------------
http://rucas0.tripod.com/miles/
Old Sep 9, 02, 8:35 pm

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
I have a couple of million QG miles and live in the US. One of the big attractions of QG was the relationship w/ AA. Should I go ahead and have some tickets issued for travel next year or will AA remain a partner in the new Swiss program?
Old Sep 9, 02, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is this really a surprise to anyone????

Search this Thread