Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Qualiflyer
Reload this Page >

Qualiflyer RIP, Where is the best place to go?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qualiflyer RIP, Where is the best place to go?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2002, 12:10 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MileTex:
Should I go ahead and have some tickets issued for travel next year or will AA remain a partner in the new Swiss program?</font>
AA will definitely remain a partner. It says somewhere on the Swiss website that AA, AY, and IB will be "among" the TravelClub partners.

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.
Old Sep 10, 2002, 12:14 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by beepee:
As SNBA only offers european & african destinations i would stick with Swiss for all other destinations and travel via Swiss airports. Without the possibility to split i probably choose for others carriers with direct flights out of Brussels without transferring in Zurich ...</font>
Wouldn't you think that while having their own programs, SN, LX and TP remain partners? I think that also in the future, SN flyers can collect (SN) miles on LX...

kempis, I doubt that in the current situation Qualiflyer would comp your AC Elite (or any other program). They hardly did that under normal circumstances, so I don't think they will when QG is being terminated.

[This message has been edited by airoli (edited 09-10-2002).]
Old Sep 10, 2002, 12:41 am

Programs: QR platinum
Originally posted by airoli:
Wouldn't you think that while having their own programs, SN, LX and TP remain partners? I think that also in the future, SN flyers can collect (SN) miles on LX...

I called SNBA and spoke to someone claiming to be responsable for FFP and was told that AA TAP Finnair Iberia Air Littoral would still be partners, BA & Swiss only for the codeshare flights. There would be new partners too and they hope to extend partnership with BA

But my problem is that the miles you collect on these partners are only bonusmiles and not clubmiles.
Also SNBA is not looking to become member of oneworld (and for what it's worth as it stands now Swiss would not be allowed into Oneworld)

[This message has been edited by beepee (edited 09-10-2002).]
Old Sep 10, 2002, 7:08 am

Programs: TP, AF, BA, LH, CO
I think we all agree that the bigest doubt is: will swiss, snba and tap remain partners?

If so, i'll stay with tap (i use it more often). Other way i'll stay with swiss for the reason i've explained in a reply before this one.

rucas0.

------------------
http://rucas0.tripod.com/miles/
Old Sep 10, 2002, 7:17 am
Suspended

At the moment the Qualiflyer progamme is run by Qualiflyer Loyalty Management, a Swiss Airlines owned company.

The three new programmes will also be run by Qualiflyer Loyalty Management.

My thoughts are that the current airline partners will probably remain the same for all three new programmes with some improvements / new partners here and there.
Old Sep 11, 2002, 11:49 am

CRISCOKID, I agree. I'm not very worried, and there's not much I can do anyway. I'm sticking with LX.
Old Sep 13, 2002, 10:29 am

Programs: FB plat
well, brussels is my most common departure airline by far, and my main use for QG has been european flights - also, i've been earning and spending miles on it like crazy not knowing how long it'll last, while with other programmes i've been saving.

swiss has a better network, but departing from brussels their european routes don't look too convenient, certainly not compared to SN. i assume all of them will keep their current award structure, including relatively cheap companion awards that are not available on bigger programmes (*A, KLM FD).

i like the idea of transferring points to Swiss and starting a new account with Privilege, but i'm worried that the most common awards i'd want would be brussels-europe and swiss isn't so great for that.

i'd really really hoped that one could earn miles on each airline's flights into the same programme (as one can with *A, e.g. fly LH and earn Eurobonus points). but i spoke to someone at SNBA and they said you can only earn Privilege points on Privilege partner flights, and for now SNBA lists no partners officially.

this is not nice news. qualiflyer has the most flexible programme, the best miles:award ratios and BY FAR the best telephone support.

oh well.

ideas from any others stuck near brussels airport?

-rishab

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.