FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qualiflyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qualiflyer-406/)
-   -   SWISS Circle (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qualiflyer/82215-swiss-circle.html)

kooks Sep 6, 2002 11:51 am

SWISS Circle

Qualiflyer has at last revealed the existence of the Circle Club and now member will be able to join Circle.

http://www.swiss.com/index/tg-qm-qua...-qf-circle.htm

kooks.

Guy Betsy Sep 7, 2002 4:28 am

Considering the amount of miles (and not to mention $$$) once has to fly, I think the 30% bonus miles is a little stingy.

If SWISS joins Oneworld (eventually), I take it that CIRCLE will compete with CX's MARCO POLO CLUB as one of the most difficult to achieve as EMERALD. Mind you, from zero to EMERALD on CX, you'd need about 210K miles in a year (or spread over 3 years - one for each level). But no bonus miles for flying on CX/Oneworld flights, so maybe SWISS edges out MPC.

criscokid Sep 10, 2002 7:21 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kooks:

Qualiflyer has at last revealed the existence of the Circle Club and now member will be able to join Circle.
</font>
I wouldn't say "revealed the existence of the Circle Club" but rather that they're being more public about it. It's still by invitation only - yearly renewal of this membership level is also by invitation only. Membership of this level is mostly by CEOs of large corporations.

kooks Sep 10, 2002 7:54 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by criscokid:
I wouldn't say "revealed the existence of the Circle Club" but rather that they're being more public about it. It's still by invitation only - yearly renewal of this membership level is also by invitation only. Membership of this level is mostly by CEOs of large corporations.

</font>
You are right, sorry my english is not that accured!
The good thing about Circle before it want public was that when you have had it ones, you would get TC membership livelong without having to get Club Miles every year.

The other good thinh is that it was valid for 3 years. But now it will be different.

kooks.

airoli Sep 10, 2002 10:32 am

Guy, I don't think Circle will / would be LX Emerald level in oneworld. It's by invitation only and thus probably more like AA's Million Miler level I'd say...

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line. ;)

kzoom Sep 11, 2002 5:52 am

I would tend to agree with you, AirOli:

BA Silver = AA PLT (= OW Sapphire)
=&gt; LX TC Silver

BA Gold = AA EXP (= OW Emerald)
=&gt; LX TC Gold

---

BA Premier = AA MM
=&gt; LX Circle

Now, regarding the bonus miles, as pointed out by Guy Betsy:

LX TC Gold 30% bonus miles seems very little when compared to BA EC NA Gold and AA EXP 100% but then again compared to BA EC EU Gold/Silver(CH) with only 25% bonus miles, it's not that bad ...

I guess - once again - it all depends where you are based: Location, location, location!!!

[This message has been edited by kzoom (edited 09-11-2002).]

atlantic Sep 11, 2002 12:40 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by airoli:
Guy, I don't think Circle will / would be LX Emerald level in oneworld. It's by invitation only and thus probably more like AA's Million Miler level I'd say...
</font>
Let's hope for it! No more standing in line at AA counters would be very nice :-)

[This message has been edited by atlantic (edited 09-11-2002).]

Guy Betsy Sep 12, 2002 1:27 pm

Uh.. are you implying that AA's Million Miler is equal to BA Premier?

I think not! It's just that you have accumulate over 1 million miles. That's accumulated.. not flown!

It's no big deal.. I'm an Exec Plat MM. But it's sure a hot harder to try and get BA's Premier.

mhtaipei Sep 13, 2002 9:27 am

The comparison between oneworld tiers above is flawed.
I don't think oneworld member carriers will ever give up the idiosyncrasies of their programs. There is a reason for the differences based on the service structure and networks of the individual carrier (e.g. long haul / short haul: CX has almost no short haul, while swiss may end up being primarily a short haul carrier)
I also don¡¦t believe that just achieving top tier in any oneworld carrier is desirable: there will always be perks associated with YOUR airline.

The opposing view is SAME club structure for all oneworld members, i.e. same perks per tier for all, and ultimately: the oneworld club
What would you prefer? Local color or globalization? The Lexus or the Olive Tree?