FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qualiflyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qualiflyer-406/)
-   -   The sub-standard service of the Travel Club Gold helpline (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qualiflyer/82214-sub-standard-service-travel-club-gold-helpline.html)

kurz Sep 11, 2002 4:53 am

The sub-standard service of the Travel Club Gold helpline

For its best clients SWISS has a dedicated service: the Travel Club Gold helpline. The service is for passengers flying First-class, and for Travel Club members who have Gold or Circle status. It is based in Switzerland and can be reached 24-hours a day at +41 18 12 49 XX.

The Travel Club Gold helpline indeed can be reached 24 hours a day, which is nice in case you call from a time-zone at the other side of the globe. Recently I asked for their support.

To my regrets I must say the service is lousy. I was in South America calling with a pre-paid phone card. These cards always have a limited amount and go fast when calling internationally. I have travel club gold status and I requested help relative to a C-class ticket. I gave my PNR and Qualiflyer number, explained the support needed and asked the agent to call me back. On a series of occasions this was bluntly refused: ‘Our policy is that we do not call you back, sir’. Anther trick applied by the SWISS gold helpline agents was to say yes and subsequently simply not to call back. On a number of occasions I waited in vain.

The sub-standard service of the Travel Club Gold helpline is to be kept in mind when you intend to purchase a SWISS first class ticket.

[This message has been edited by kurz (edited 09-12-2002).]

HajoFlyer Sep 11, 2002 6:33 am

At least you got through to them!

The problem is absolutely not Swiss-specific. I have at numerous occasions waited in vain in a que for over an hour to get through to the Lufthansa Senator hotline, only to give up at last because I had better things to do. Gold Status members of the British Airways Executive Club have reported in other threads on FT that it took them more than 3 hours to get through to the dedicated hotline for North American Gold members (I have never had problems with their European Silver hotline though). However, both BA and LH will call back when requested.

airoli Sep 11, 2002 7:05 am

While I agree on the subject of the TC helpline calling me back (I once requested it too and it never came, it's lousy service) I have to say I'm very happy with my average wait time when calling TC in Switzerland (0848 85 4000): it's usually < 5 minutes.

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line. ;)

kooks Sep 11, 2002 7:49 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by airoli:
While I agree on the subject of the TC helpline calling me back (I once requested it too and it never came, it's lousy service) I have to say I'm very happy with my average wait time when calling TC in Switzerland (0848 85 4000): it's usually &lt; 5 minutes.

</font>
I agree with Airoli in Switzerland for TC Gold XXXX for tketing and XXXX for Qualiflyer Helpline TC Gold. Usually the service is good and not too much to wait. At least when you get to Zurich or Geneva when you call during the "buissnes hours".

kooks.

[This message has been edited by kooks (edited 09-11-2002).]

HajoFlyer Sep 11, 2002 11:31 am

Sorry, kooks, but I thought there was an agreement on FT not to post the dedicated phone numbers for status customers. Maybe you should edit your post.

kooks Sep 11, 2002 11:37 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HajoFlyer:
Sorry, kooks, but I thought there was an agreement on FT not to post the dedicated phone numbers for status customers. Maybe you should edit your post.</font>
You are right, sorry, just changed it.

kooks.

f4free Sep 11, 2002 11:43 am

Dear Kurz

+41 18 12 XX XX used to be Travelclub Management in ZRH. Since a few weeks before Swissair was grounded this number has permanently been forwarded to the usual Qualiflyer Helpline (Mindpearl call centers, usually Capetown or Brisbane). On one occasion (endless problem) I was able to contact a member of TC Management (who used to work that phone line) through the main office switchboard, since I had the name somewhere. I don't think they have the same people there now. So, this number gets you to Mindpearl, who I would never rely on. Never ever. They are bad, except for two people in Capetown I always ask for when I get there.

If you're problem is related to a ticket, best service is offered by + 41 848 85 4000 (note: this is a published LX reserveration number) for First Class or Travelclub DURING SWITZERLAND BUSINESS HOURS (8.00 to 22.00), as various members of this board have stated. ZRH is best - if GVA, BSL or LUG won't help, ask for a transfer to Zurich. They always call back and can solve any problem if you're problem is legit. (E.g. my case: Missed connection JFK-ZRH due to weather delay on other airline - every LX flight from US oversold in Y and C, even full in F - got seat from EWR in C without charge on restricted Y ticket - USA reservations wouldn't do a thing but told me to pay for a hotel at JFK and maybe get next day's flight). Of course it also depends on the agent.

If you have a mileage or member benefit related problem call + 41 8XX XX 9XXX for Travelclub or + 41 8XX XX 6XXX for TC Gold during ZRH opening hours, something like 8.30 to 17.00 swiss time. This is a LX staff dedicated Travelclub Qualiflyer Helpline, and they are very good but also rely on a unreliable, outsourced backoffice in India. At least they keep an eye on mileage claims, so it works out a lot more often than going through Mindpearl.

[This message has been edited by ch_usa (edited 09-11-2002).]

f4free Sep 11, 2002 11:47 am

Edited above post to hide dedicated numbers.

atlantic Sep 11, 2002 12:35 pm

sorry, but those phone numbers, are they available on a protected area of the Qualiflyer Website? I've read your posts but thought of it as public number. I am a "Gold Schuggi" Member and did never rely on any special number other than +41 848 85 ???? - any help?
PS: I don't like paper - all manuals are gone

[This message has been edited by atlantic (edited 09-11-2002).]

[This message has been edited by atlantic (edited 09-12-2002).]

airoli Sep 11, 2002 1:06 pm

In the last TC newsletter I had in my inbox a couple of days ago it said that the TC / TCG management would soon move to the OPS center at Zurich Airport. They provided a new address and +41 (0)1... phone number. Never tried it, but seems to be a replacement of the old SR service desk for TravelClub.

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line. ;)

HajoFlyer Sep 11, 2002 1:40 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by atlantic:
sorry, but those phone numbers, are they available on a protected area of the Qualiflyer Website? I've read your posts but thought of it as public number. I am a "Gold Schuggi" Member and did never rely on any special number other than +41 XXXXXXXXX - any help?
</font>
I don't really care much about it as I don't have status (yet) with QF and I'm not going to use the numbers I've read on this board. But personally I find it extremely bad style to post these numbers here (and keep doing so after others have already edited their posts accordingly). FFPs' dedicated hotlines are already subject to long waiting ques and the frequent fliers who need them most often surely wouldn't want to wait for an extra half an hour in case of emergency. There maybe exceptions, such as FT member Merry once posting a Special Services no. on the BA board in a case of extreme personal emergency (the no. was subsequently deleted when the problem was resolved). I've seen this happen on other FT boards, and you couldn't build a shelter thick enough to protect from the bombs that were fired at such posters.

f4free Sep 11, 2002 2:19 pm

I generally agree with you about not posting dedicated numbers, but with +41 848 85 4000 it is a different case, since this number is published in every SWISS timetable as well as on the website, accessible to everybody without restriction.
This number is for people buying first class tickets as well as Travelclub Members, and you can be sure that the agents will see to it that somebody calling the wrong number won't do so again (in a friendly manner, of course). General Reservations is +41 848 85 2000 (+41 848 3000 for business class reservations), and by the way the agents at ...2000 are almost as good, except that there's a longer wait sometimes.

f4free Sep 11, 2002 2:21 pm

Atlantic,

They are available on www.qualiflyer.com in the restricted Travelclub and Travelclub Gold sections.

atlantic Sep 12, 2002 5:03 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ch_usa:
I generally agree with you about not posting dedicated numbers, but with +41 848 85 4000 it is a different case, since this number is published in every SWISS timetable as well as on the website, accessible to everybody without restriction.
This number is for people buying first class tickets as well as Travelclub Members, and you can be sure that the agents will see to it that somebody calling the wrong number won't do so again (in a friendly manner, of course). General Reservations is +41 848 85 2000 (+41 848 3000 for business class reservations), and by the way the agents at ...2000 are almost as good, except that there's a longer wait sometimes.
</font>
thanks for clarifying ch_usa - I was aware that the number I posted is an official, publicly available number. I just never heard about the other numbers. But then again, I am really bad with any printed stuff. Sorry about that, but the next time I will provide a link to the corresponding page instead of a plain number. This should make things clear.

atlantic Sep 12, 2002 5:09 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ch_usa:
Atlantic,

They are available on www.qualiflyer.com in the restricted Travelclub and Travelclub Gold sections.
</font>
I've found it. thanks again, ch_usa