Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Qualiflyer
Reload this Page >

Polish Qualiflyer member miles to transfer to M&M ?

Old Sep 1, 02, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, SQ PPS

A friend (who lives in Poland) is a little unclear about a letter he received from Qualiflyer.

This is because LOT is leaving Qualiflyer and moving to Star Alliance with LH Miles and More taking over LOT's frequent flying programme.

It says that come Dec 31 a new LH Miles and More account will be set up for him and all the miles in his Qualiflyer account will be tranfered into his new Miles and More account. He will also receive 6000 bonus miles.

Does anyone know if the miles 'tranferred' from Qualflyer will count towards status miles on M & M ?

Can Qualiflyer legally just delete all the QG miles in his account and pass them over to LH Miles and More ?

Does this mean that Qualiflyer may reform it's frequent flyer programme as newspaper reports suggest. I read something similar in International Herald Tribune recently.

Will SWISS leave qualiflyer and join BA's Executive club ?

Any thoughts ?
Old Sep 1, 02, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

sorry didnt realise there was a thread on this already....

but these pose interesting questions....

especially : has qualiflyer given LH the green light to share information and to allow accounts to be closed down and miles transfered out to M&M?
Old Sep 1, 02, 2:10 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by quilly:
A friend (who lives in Poland) is a little unclear about a letter he received from Qualiflyer.

This is because LOT is leaving Qualiflyer and moving to Star Alliance with LH Miles and More taking over LOT's frequent flying programme.

It says that come Dec 31 a new LH Miles and More account will be set up for him and all the miles in his Qualiflyer account will be tranfered into his new Miles and More account. He will also receive 6000 bonus miles.

Does anyone know if the miles 'tranferred' from Qualflyer will count towards status miles on M & M ?

Can Qualiflyer legally just delete all the QG miles in his account and pass them over to LH Miles and More ?

Does this mean that Qualiflyer may reform it's frequent flyer programme as newspaper reports suggest. I read something similar in International Herald Tribune recently.

Will SWISS leave qualiflyer and join BA's Executive club ?

Any thoughts ?
</font>
I still did not get my letter yet, but situation is clear.
You just accept the conditions of transfer and you are good girl/boy and get a candy worth 3000 miles. After first flight in the new programme you get another candy - 3000 miles.
Everything you have to do sign papers and sent them back till the end of September.

If you won't do it (bad girl/boy), you can spend your miles for awards or do nothing and loose your miles and account after New Year's Eve.
This operation will be conducted by LOT, not by M&M. There must be an agreement between LOT and QF that LOT will take its customers to M&M.
I think, in the next months we will be informed about the future movements. There are many questions about them, when we will get new M&M cards, how they will look like. What about Pekao/Qualiflyer credit card and many other QF partners like Orbis, Shell Smart, Era Stokrotka..
Last week I saw a new enrollment form, there is no Qualiflyer on the cover page, but only Swiss...
Old Sep 2, 02, 4:54 am

I still don't quite understand that LOT can simply close your QF account only because one is a Polish resident. Someone in Poland may have flown LOT once and LX a hundred times and may prefer to remain a QF member (eg. for the better earn/spend ratio on European flights and more award ticket flexibility as compared to M&M).

As I see it, QF is an independent company that you have a legal relationship with. I cannot spot the legal grounds on which LOT as a third party could chose to terminate that relationship. Am I missing something here?
Old Sep 2, 02, 5:12 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
I agree with HajoFlyer. The general conditions say that the program can be terminated at any time. They would, however, have a hell of a time explaining why they discontinue the program only for Polish residents....
If you give your consent to the transfer of your miles, then they can close your account and open a new one at M&M. But if you don´t, I´m quite sure that you just remain a member of Qualiflyer. As much as I know, the legal nature of a frequent flyer program or miles as such have not been resolved in a court case. Especially the fact that conditions can be changed at any time or the program can be discontinued at any time without any compensation due stands out as unique in the landscape of contracts. I think Qualiflyer would have to change its conditions to something like "membership not available to residents of Poland" and give a transitional period for Polish members to exchange their miles to give the whole thing the appearance of legality.

Before you ask: yes, I´m a lawyer....

[This message has been edited by huegli (edited 09-02-2002).]

[This message has been edited by huegli (edited 09-02-2002).]
Old Sep 2, 02, 10:20 am
Original Poster

i wonder what the offical qualiflyer view is on this?

i seem to remember that when qualiflyer offered 5000 miles to take back the miles and more cards which we were all issued with after austrian airlines left qualiflyer there was a huge hoo haa.

anyone know what qualiflyer think ?
Old Sep 2, 02, 11:01 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by quilly:
i wonder what the offical qualiflyer view is on this?

i seem to remember that when qualiflyer offered 5000 miles to take back the miles and more cards which we were all issued with after austrian airlines left qualiflyer there was a huge hoo haa.

anyone know what qualiflyer think ?
</font>
I think that closing accounts matter was discussed with Qualiflyer. I do not think LOT will do such thing just like that, all account are managed by Qualiflyer but not by airline company, somebody authirised can fransfer miles or close member's accounts. But I am not sure about that. If all this thing take place behind QF, there is no thrill about it, Swiss has data base and can send offer to members to re-open our accounts. By the way, I do not mind re-
-opening my QF account with present number.
Today I received package with return envelope, migration form and migration guide, it is said that my QF miles to be transfered to M&M account will be valis as bonus miles till the end of the year 2005.
Old Sep 2, 02, 11:46 am

I remember when Turkish Airline started his Miles and Miles program that we were offer to have the Qualiflyer account "duplicate" in the Miles and Miles one.

If you had for example 200'000 miles in Qualiflyer you get 200'000 miles in Miles and Miles program --&gt; 400'000 miles!!!

They also did the same with the Membership level:

* TC and TC Gold would get Elite Miles and Miles card.

* Qualiflyer member would get Classic Miles and Miles card.

So why don t they do the same for people in Poland???

kooks.
Old Sep 3, 02, 3:21 am

My colleague received response from LOT regarding differences between QG and M&M in amounts of miles needed for getting award ticket. As LOT informs Polish M&M members who transfer miles from QG to M&M will get in 2003 grace period, they will be able to spend miles for award ticket on LOT, Lufthansa, Austrian and SAS at the same conditions as in Qualiflyer, i.e. within Europe in economy class -20000 miles, business - 25000 miles, domestic - 15000, upgrade - 5000 miles (valid only on LOT flights).
I think this is really a good offer. But what a pitty that LOT provides such information only on reqest, but there is a simple explanation, M&M wants to have new members with "clear" accounts.

[This message has been edited by chris1 (edited 09-17-2002).]

Search this Thread