Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Qualiflyer
Reload this Page >

Coop Superpoints into Qualiflyer Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2002, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

As 20.08.2002 Qualiflyer Members can convert Coop Superpoints into Qualiflyer Miles.

This is a great news.

Double Miles from 15.08.2002 - 31.10.2002

During the promotion members can convert Coop Superpoints at preferential conversion rate 1:1 valid for conversions between 15.8.2002 and 31.10.2002 :

7 500 Superpoints = 7 500 Qualiflyer Miles(instead of the normal 3 750 miles)
10 000 Superpoints = 10 000 Qualiflyer Miles (instead of the normal 5 000 miles)

To convert Superpoints into Qualiflyer miles, member must complete and mail special order form to:
SUPERCARD, Konsumentendienst, Postfach, CH-2501 Biel

When requesting a point conversion, member has to indicate the appropriate order numbers on the form:
No. 339016 - when converting 7 500 Superpoints
No. 339017 - when converting 10 000 Superpoints

Again very good news.

kooks.
Old Aug 17, 2002, 2:46 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
This is good news indeed. So far I've obstained from using either Migros Cumulus or the Coop Supercard. Now however this could change...

On a side note, with all the promotions, special fares and new possibilities currently in place, I am a bit worried that there will be much more demand for award tickets / upgrades...

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.
Old Aug 17, 2002, 3:09 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by airoli:
On a side note, with all the promotions, special fares and new possibilities currently in place, I am a bit worried that there will be much more demand for award tickets / upgrades...</font>
I have checked numerous routes for awards flights within Europe and to the Middle East on various dates between August and December and have found almost all award classes on LX and SN wide open (except for the Sat/Sun service ZRH-EDI which was impossible to get this Summer). Thus there doesn't seem to be a run for awards yet. Only LOT flights appear to be rather difficult.
Old Aug 17, 2002, 4:16 am
Original Poster

I just did a quick calculation:

You want to go first from Europe to the US in F-class: you need 150'000 miles.

You need you according to the actual promotion: http://www.supercard.ch/f/aktion.cfm...20817121216328

you need to buy 1'463 packages of "cake preparation with lemon" at 2.55 CHF for a total of 3'730.65 CHF [146'300 pts (for the 100 pts bonus per pack) + (3'730.65 pts for the total of pruchase)].

So 3'730.65 CHF plus airport taxes for a F-class tket to the US is not a bad deal.

Good luck.

kooks.
Old Aug 17, 2002, 7:40 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kooks:
I just did a quick calculation:

You want to go first from Europe to the US in F-class: you need 150'000 miles.

You need you according to the actual promotion: http://www.supercard.ch/f/aktion.cfm...20817121216328

you need to buy 1'463 packages of "cake preparation with lemon" at 2.55 CHF for a total of 3'730.65 CHF [146'300 pts (for the 100 pts bonus per pack) + (3'730.65 pts for the total of pruchase)].

So 3'730.65 CHF plus airport taxes for a F-class tket to the US is not a bad deal.

Good luck.

kooks.
</font>
Do we predict a Swiss Pudding Guy?
Old Aug 17, 2002, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
I clicked on the offer and got this message:

Il n'y a malheureusement pas d'offre Supercard en ce moment.

Revenez mardi prochain, vous trouverez alors de nouvelles offres Supercard.
Merci de votre visite.

What am I doing wrong?
Old Aug 17, 2002, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Roger:
I clicked on the offer and got this message:

Il n'y a malheureusement pas d'offre Supercard en ce moment.

Revenez mardi prochain, vous trouverez alors de nouvelles offres Supercard.
Merci de votre visite.

What am I doing wrong?
</font>
The offers are valid only for a limted time. The offer I was refering to for the example above finished Aug 17th. Next will be available from Tuesday Aug 20.

kooks.
Old Aug 19, 2002, 1:59 am

Would it be possible to buy those specials in their online-shop?

As far as I understand their website, you would need a shipping-adress in a limited region around Zurich, but then would get free delivery ;-) [above CHF 120} and double points for all purchases above CHF 150.

For last weeks special, this would reduce the number of "cake preparation with lemon" to 1'428 packages for a total of CHF 3641,4 - not that much a saving, but about half the airport taxes...
Old Aug 19, 2002, 3:57 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
Where did you get the information about that conversion ? Is it on the Qualiflyer website or on the Coop website ? I couldn´t find it on either one.
Old Aug 19, 2002, 4:16 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by huegli:
Where did you get the information about that conversion ? Is it on the Qualiflyer website or on the Coop website ? I couldn´t find it on either one.</font>
The information will be available from August 20th 2002 on the www.supercard.ch I think.

The info is not on Qualiflyer nor Supercard websites yet.

kooks.
Old Aug 27, 2002, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Last promotions are good:

http://www.supercard.ch/f/aktion.cfm...20827161028561

for 165.- CHF you get 50 packs of Ham and 10'000 bonus points plus 50x3.30.- CHF (per pack) 165 points.
Total 10'165 miles....

kooks.
Old Aug 27, 2002, 10:30 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HajoFlyer:
I have checked numerous routes for awards flights within Europe and to the Middle East on various dates between August and December and have found almost all award classes on LX and SN wide open (except for the Sat/Sun service ZRH-EDI which was impossible to get this Summer). Thus there doesn't seem to be a run for awards yet. Only LOT flights appear to be rather difficult.</font>
Hi everyone, the problem with LOT flights can be solved when you book flight at office, but not by www.qualiflyer.com.
Since June 1st it is possible to book award seats on all LH and OS flights between Poland and German or Austrian hubs. I did it 3 weeks ago when I booked my award trip to London from my domestic airport via Warsaw. It was not possible to do it on direct flights operated by BA, even the flight had LO number, but system allowed to book such route: WAW - VIE (OS) VIE - BRU - LON (SN) and almost the same but through FRA on LH flight. At least I decided to fly via Helsinki on AY.
If you plan to travel through Warsaw it is a good option in case there are no seats on LO, LX or SN flights.
Old Sep 1, 2002, 9:18 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
thank you for this tip. I usually don't look into the Coop points promotions and would have missed that one.

I just got 10'000 Qualiflyer miles credited (from 10'000 Superpoints). They did post in less than a week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.