FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qualiflyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qualiflyer-406/)
-   -   Has anyone received a notification from LOT yet? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qualiflyer/82202-has-anyone-received-notification-lot-yet.html)

HajoFlyer Aug 18, 2002 7:17 am

Has anyone received a notification from LOT yet?

From the LOT website:

"Until 31 December 2002, the LOT passengers participating in the Qualiflyer program are free to collect and use their miles on unchanged conditions, yet as of 1 January 2003 the program ceases to be a LOT program and miles accruals and redemptions for LOT connections will be then possible within the Miles & More program. Qualiflyer participants have been notified of LOT`s new offer and in August they will be receiving individual information concerning their possible transfer to the new program. On joining Miles & More, they will be rewarded with attractive premiums."

Well, it's mid August, and I haven't received anything yet.

Just wondering if anyone here has heard from LOT about their individual offers for Qualiflyer members to switch to M&M. Could be a nice warm shower of extra miles (if I remember correctly, AUA's defection to M&M gained me an additional 30K status! miles in M&M).

I am also curious to see if something will be offered to all members or only to regular/recent LOT customers. I used to fly them very frequently both in C and Y, but my last LOT flight was in December 2000, so I wonder if I would be included if they make it a targeted offer.

Would be glad to learn if anyone has news on this.

Greetings, Hajo

kempis Aug 18, 2002 8:35 pm

I am currently just a member of Swissari Qualiflyer, does that mean I could transfer those into LH Miles and MOre as well or is it only LOT Qualiflyer?

Would it make any sense to sign up for LOT Qualiflyer now and hoping to get some miles which I could transfer to LH later on?

HajoFlyer Aug 18, 2002 11:12 pm

kempis, as far as I am aware, there is only ONE Qualiflyer programme, no matter which airline you signed up with. It does however matter which airlines you fly during your membership, as I have seen in the past that some transition offers are only made to customers who have flown a particular airline (as was the case with OS and TK). Hence my question if LOT will still regard me as one of their customers, as my last flight with them dates back a little while.

With regards to miles transfer to M&M, there is none. It usually works different. They either offer to match your QF balance in the new programme (TK) or offer you extra miles in the new programme based on certain conditions, e.g. if youf fly with them a certain number of segements in a specified time (OS). In both cases, the QF balance itself remained untouched. I wonder what LOT will come up with. I usually try to make sure that I have a rather high QF balance when I now that an airline desrtion is coming up, in order to have better chances for a valuable offer.

Raf Aug 19, 2002 12:52 am

HajoFlyer.
I get an info from LOT , that condition of transfer cQualiflyer->M&M will be send about 20 August. Miles amount will be the same (1:1) + special "migration bonus" (depending on your tier and miles quantity). We'll see...

AHO Aug 19, 2002 2:55 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Raf:
HajoFlyer.
I get an info from LOT , that condition of transfer cQualiflyer-&gt;M&M will be send about 20 August. Miles amount will be the same (1:1) + special "migration bonus" (depending on your tier and miles quantity). We'll see...
</font>
It sounds great! I just wonder if this offer is only targeted for resident in Poland.

HajoFlyer Aug 19, 2002 6:02 am

Raf, thanks for the info. This would be very good news. Eagerly expecting mail from LOT now...

Raf Aug 19, 2002 7:21 am

Hajo.
I'm not sure if LOT offer is prepared for all QG member using LOT before or for members living in Poland (????). We'll see...
Another thing - your LOT service experience. LOT has improved on board service on short flights.
Omn flights up to 2,0 hours you get a nice meal (Last time WAW-BER I get a smoked salomon, fruit salad - OK). Drink bar is complimentary either - wine, gin, whisky...
You should try again, and spend some miles on LOT :))))

HajoFlyer Aug 19, 2002 8:01 am

LOL, Raf, so it was you who just spent 38 minutes on my website, reading - among other things - my article about LOT (Big Brother is watching you).

I have indeed avoided LOT since December 2000, when one of their agents told me to "f*ck off". Salmon on WAW-TXL in C? Hmmm... Things seem to have changed indeed. I'm just too curios to see if their ground service is still such a mess.

Anyway, I want to visit some friends in WAW in October and combine it with a trip to Turkey, so I'll probably fly LOT again in C DUS-WAW-IST (still tempted to book the codeshare LH and TK operated flights on both segments, but will give LOT one more try). As far as I am concerned, this is LOT's last chance to ever squeeze a mile out of me again, let alone a paid ticket.

[This message has been edited by HajoFlyer (edited 08-19-2002).]

Raf Aug 19, 2002 9:01 am

Yyyeeep, Hajo.
It was me - honestly I'v read impressions from Krakow and so on... Nice web. Congrat...
Personally I'm not a LOT brand-lover (flown much more on Swiss(air)), but I know they are trying to replace their boar/ground staff on young and nice polish girls http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif))

betty boop Aug 24, 2002 2:38 am

No I have heard nothing from LOT, either by email or by post.

chris1 Aug 25, 2002 10:53 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kempis:
I am currently just a member of Swissari Qualiflyer, does that mean I could transfer those into LH Miles and MOre as well or is it only LOT Qualiflyer?

Would it make any sense to sign up for LOT Qualiflyer now and hoping to get some miles which I could transfer to LH later on?
</font>
This is only for QG members residing in Poland.

betty boop Aug 30, 2002 9:46 am

I got notification from LOT today about the transfer to Miles and More. Basically, if you transfer the balance of your miles remaining at end December to M&M they are counted 1 for 1 (ie 1Qmile=1 bonus M&M mile)

You then get 3000 miles in your M&M accounr (new or existing) in Jan 2003
and you get another 3000 miles on your first flight in the M&M programme

You have to tell them what you wnat to do by the end of September - they need your formal authority to do so.
It says if you dont transfer, that on 31 Dec your Qualiflyer account will be closed.

Can anyone advise

- is this a good deal?
- I use my qulaiflyer account more with SWISS than LOT, although I opened it thro' LOT. How can they close it down? I though Qualiflyer was a stand alone entity.

chris1 Aug 30, 2002 10:34 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by betty boop:
I got notification from LOT today about the transfer to Miles and More. Basically, if you transfer the balance of your miles remaining at end December to M&M they are counted 1 for 1 (ie 1Qmile=1 bonus M&M mile)

You have to tell them what you wnat to do by the end of September - they need your formal authority to do so.
It says if you dont transfer, that on 31 Dec your Qualiflyer account will be closed.

Can anyone advise

- is this a good deal?
- I use my qulaiflyer account more with SWISS than LOT, although I opened it thro' LOT. How can they close it down? I though Qualiflyer was a stand alone entity.

</font>
I was informed by one of Qualiflyer member who already received mailing from LOT. It seems that all QF accounts of members who got this mail will be closed. Does it mean that QF will terminate? I doubt in it, but there no way out and we have to move our account balances to M&M.
But just after 1 January 2003 we can enroll again and participate in QF or in new programme for Swiss. By the way, I do not think LOT will keep code-share agreement with Swiss, so spending miles in QF can be more difficult only on Swiss flights in 2003.

chris1 Aug 30, 2002 10:47 am

One thing more... If my account will be closed, what will happen to my bonus miles for the 5th e&gt;newsletter? And that anniversary promotion (1000 000 miles)?

anwan Sep 1, 2002 7:57 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by betty boop:

</font>
There is more in this letter:
1.Travelclub members will get Frequent Traveller card
2. Travelclub Gold members will get Senator status

anwan