Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Qualiflyer
Reload this Page >

Is anyone concerned about too many 2 for 1 transfers to Qualiflyer

Old Aug 18, 02, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

First Starwood now Mastercard, Amex and Co-op Superpoints. Is this a new way of obtaining cash for SWISS?

Old Aug 18, 02, 11:36 pm

They always had promotion to get "cheap" Qualiflyer miles.
For the past years with Eurocard and Visa and Diners in Switzerland they had the same promotion 1 CHF : 1 bonus miles for a certain period.

If they obtain money with it good for them. But for all it is very easy for us to fly cheap and in good condition. You just have to spend some time collecting the informations...

But in any case Coop Superpoints being in the program it s going to be very very easy to get cheap miles....

kooks.
Old Aug 19, 02, 6:49 am
hvd

Programs: AA EXP, LX travelclub
The problem from where I sit is that none of these are available for U.S. Swiss lovers. This unfortunate fact has forced me into the arms of AA. Being only able to accrue miles by flying with Swiss seriously devalues the Swiss product for us Americans.
Old Aug 19, 02, 7:12 am
AHO

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hvd:
Being only able to accrue miles by flying with Swiss seriously devalues the Swiss product for us Americans.</font>
You are right about what you say. But it is same thing for us European on FFP of american airlines.
There are dozen of promotions of extra miles through bookstore, telecom company, flower gift etc. We, European, miss such possibility.
So, I think that it does not mean they ignore or devalue a or some market, it's only that they?attach importance to domestic market.
Old Aug 19, 02, 8:06 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AHO:
You are right about what you say. But it is same thing for us European on FFP of american airlines.
There are dozen of promotions of extra miles through bookstore, telecom company, flower gift etc. We, European, miss such possibility.
So, I think that it does not mean they ignore or devalue a or some market, it's only that they?attach importance to domestic market.
</font>
I agree with AHO. It is a good thing to be able to get bonus miles without flying Swiss in Switzerland or in Europe.

What I really want is to get more Club Miles but without flying...!!!! In order to do this I have to keep on dreaming...

kooks.
Old Aug 19, 02, 8:31 am

...in a kingsize bed in a Swissotel.
Old Aug 19, 02, 8:51 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HajoFlyer:
...in a kingsize bed in a Swissotel.</font>
Yes in a kingsize bed, but this kind of dream will cost you at least 150$/night and would give you only 500 Club Miles.

In that case you'd better fly Basel-Bern (and return) in C-class (2000 Club Miles) for less then 200 CHF.

kooks.
Old Aug 19, 02, 10:42 am
hvd

Programs: AA EXP, LX travelclub
AHO, I too agree and think that it is unfortunate that Europeans are treated as shabbily in American FF programs as we are by European. It seems to me that all of the various airlines would do better to target those who have demonstrated their loyalty to the program by providing them with such benefits rather than scattershot providing them to a domestic audience hoping to create such loyalty.

My entire family had achieved and maintained travelclub membership with SR because the airline had earned, through first rate service, our loyalty. When the airline dropped credit card credits of any kind for non-Europeans the economics demanded that we transfer that loyalty somewhere else. We stuck it out with SR for an additional year but ultimately were forced to concede that the program had become so devalued for us that we couldn't afford to continue giving SR and now Swiss our business. This has saddened us and is we think a bad business decision for Swiss which, frankly, needs all the business it can muster.

Search this Thread