Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Qualiflyer
Reload this Page >

Where is BA terminal at ZRH? A or B

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2002, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Does SWISS international arrivals come into terminal B? I have a connection flight to LHR on BA. Where is BA at ZRH? THANKS SO MUCH
Old Jul 29, 2002, 3:21 pm
Patron

LX uses Terminal A, BA Terminal B.

Old Jul 30, 2002, 1:13 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Occasionally, SWISS uses a Terminal B gate too. The rule however is Terminal A. If you're flying on an Airbus or MD-11, your arrival gate will be displayed on the screens prior to landing.

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 3:52 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
terminals A & B are close together (a 5 minute walk) and easy linked (without having to immigrate to Switzerland)
Old Jul 30, 2002, 5:00 am

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by airoli:
Occasionally, SWISS uses a Terminal B gate too. The rule however is Terminal A. If you're flying on an Airbus or MD-11, your arrival gate will be displayed on the screens prior to landing.

</font>
Or even on a 319 (and according to Swiss, on all planes in the 320 family).

Old Jul 30, 2002, 8:21 am
Original Poster

THANK YOU EVERYBODY. One more question... I have a 1 hour and 45 minute layover at ZRH before I board my BA flight to LHR. Is there time to catch a shower?
Old Jul 30, 2002, 8:40 am
Original Member

you have no time problem at all.

Deboarding takes about 5-10 minutes.

For boarding (European flight, BA, term B) I recommend to be ready 20 minutes before your scheduled departure.

The walk between the two terminals (in the transit area) takes 5-8 minutes.
Showers can be taken at the swiss Allegra (Arrival) Lounge at term A (free for arriving swiss business and first-class costumers, a reasonable fee for all others, includes also a continental breakfast).

I don't know about the BA (shower) facilities at term B.

[This message has been edited by Rudi (edited 07-30-2002).]
Old Jul 30, 2002, 10:53 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CLTFlyer:
Or even on a 319 (and according to Swiss, on all planes in the 320 family).
</font>
You are quite correct indeed. That's why I wrote "Airbus" and not "A330". http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 1:55 pm

Sorry about that - I somehow read A330 instead of Airbus. Perhaps it's my jetlag from being there, and just returning to the US on Swiss yesterday.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 6:35 pm

I know of no lounges in terminal b, and almost certainly none that are available to arriving pax since you usually need a boarding pass for a flight out, and not just the card if you have it, to get in. Maybe the new star gold lounge, but I honestly doubt it. I know jet aviation (CO, ...) and swissport (Swiss, KLM, ...) don't have any, and neither does BA.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 11:22 pm
Original Member

I often (last time this june) used the StarAlliance lounge (run by LH) in term B also when arriving (just to grab a newspaper and a quick coffee).

The Priority Card also gives you access (without boarding pass) to the Jet Aviation Lounge and so does the KLM Royal Wing card to the Swissport Lounge (in term B too).
Old Jul 31, 2002, 9:15 am

Programs: BMI GOLD BA silver
The BA lounge in Terminal B is pretty minimal - it doesnt have toilets, never mind showers.
Old Aug 1, 2002, 5:08 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CLTFlyer:
and just returning to the US on Swiss yesterday. </font>
and, how was it?

Old Aug 2, 2002, 4:57 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cruising:
and, how was it?

</font>
Quite good. F cabin had 10 of 12 seats filled. Good 7 and 1/2 hour flight from Zurich to Boston. Food was excellent, and I was able to catch a nice nap in the fully flat seat. Overall experience was outstanding - although I think I received marginally better service on the outbound from IAD to ZRH. But it was the best in flight service I've had in quite a while.

Never a bad thing to have the use of small cloth towels in the F lav for drying your hands. They still had the Swissair label on them - but it makes sense to use 'em until they're gone before using the Swiss branded products.

Best thing offered as an amenity are the slippers. Most airlines offer the socks, but the slippers are a nice touch.

Only criticsm would be the in flight entertainment system - in that it was not an "in demand" system like the one US uses on its 330s.

Actually was on the same flight as FT'er catwood, and I imagine he'll post the second part of his trip report before I get around to posting any of mine.

[This message has been edited by CLTFlyer (edited 08-02-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.