Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Qualiflyer
Reload this Page >

Iberia joined Qualiflyer as 15 June 2002

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2002, 7:52 am
Original Poster

General: Members can collect miles on all scheduled IB operated flights incl. codeshare flights operated by TP

Classes: Economy-, Business- and First Class

Exceptions: Charter flights

Bonusing: Bonus Miles; do not count towards Travelclub and Travelclub Gold Membership

For travel in Y-class members will only get 30% of the applicable miles amount
Flights between Spain and Portugal are considered domestic flights!

Free Tickets only on all scheduled IB operated flights, exceptions: Charter flights.

Good for us..

kooks.
Old Jun 18, 2002, 8:00 am

I have never flown them but I have read on here that IB in flight service, seating etc is dreadful.

Stephen
Old Jun 18, 2002, 8:45 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Swissair used to have a codesharing agreement with IB on selected CH-ES flights. It seems they could negociate something better based on that.

It remains to be seen how LX customers like IB and vice versa. I've never flown them personally.

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.
Old Jun 18, 2002, 9:56 am
hvd

Programs: AA EXP, LX travelclub
Having flown IB four times intra-Europe in the last few months (GVA-BCN, BCN-ORY, FCO-BCN and BCN-LHR I can report that my experience all four times was excellent. In flight service and seating in business was absolutely the best I've experienced intra-Europe. This includes having flown BA (the absolute worst), SAS, o.k., AF, o.k., SR, good but cramped. I have read other posts on problems with bumping and luggage but have not yet experienced the same.
Old Jun 18, 2002, 11:19 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
For travel in Y-class members will only get 30% of the applicable miles amount</font>
This is the least generous % I have ever seen, short of no mileage credit!
Old Jun 19, 2002, 2:03 pm
AHO

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by monahos:
This is the least generous % I have ever seen, short of no mileage credit!</font>
It is as little as when you credit IB flight to AAdvantage(30%).
Old Jun 20, 2002, 9:59 am

Programs: Lots of shiny colors
BA also only gives 30%.

I've flown IB several times and find them to compete favourably with LH, AF and BA.

Now the only major carrier from OW missing in Qualiflyer is BA itself.
Old Jun 20, 2002, 10:09 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by celbrian:
Now the only major carrier from OW missing in Qualiflyer is BA itself.</font>
Which is exactly the state Swissair had before they went bankrupt. SWISS so far has only restarted these codeshares, but not come up with anything really new. Mr. Dosé, I'm waiting... :.rolleyes:

[This message has been edited by airoli (edited 06-20-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.