Swissair First Class JFK-ZRH

Old Dec 16, 00, 11:23 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Swissair First Class JFK-ZRH

I am very excited to be going in first class the day after Christmas! I am usually in business class, but managed to "spend" 100,000 Delta miles, just before it was no longer possible to get SR tickets.
Could you regulars in transatlantic first tell me how to get the most out of the experience. I know about the lounges at ZRH, including the Allegra lounge- but any tips on how to really feel pampered would be great to hear about! How is the food and wine in First? Thanks a lot
Old Dec 20, 00, 12:51 am

Location: Napa, California - DL demoted to xx, AF+ Rouge, FB Platinum
Programs: Air France, Delta
I have not tried the first class, but the biz class a number of times from SFO. I was disappointed with the service. The FA were fine, but the food and wine could have been much better.
Also on the MD11 SR does not have an entertainment system, but just screen movies.
Old Dec 20, 00, 5:22 pm

am I not right in thinking that since the last MD11 crash SR doesn't bother with personal entertainment, even in C or F?
Old Dec 20, 00, 7:19 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

I know that the airbus 330 has an individual entertainment screen in business class- at least from JFK and BOS to ZRH. I would appreciate the info about first class amenities, if someone reading this page is in the know>> THX
Old Dec 21, 00, 11:54 am

Programs: AA-CK, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
In F on SR there are individual DVD players given out ont he MD 11's.

The service in F is impeccable, they always come around twic witht eh food cart so you can seconds or another choice. Liquor is first rate!

Check out the SR web site and follow the links to info on F class.

The only complain I have ever had is that they have a poor selection of magazines but I'm too busy with other things do really care.

You will undoubtedly enjoy yourself.

Old Dec 24, 00, 8:08 pm

I have travelled F class many times. The new seats and the food are both terrific. Entertainment options are lacking compared to other airlines. However, great service.
Enjoy

Search this Thread