Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Why No Qatar premium-class offers ex-Europe?

Old Apr 7, 2009, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum

All QR competitors like EK, EY, SQ, QF have lately had big premium-class campaign sales ex-LON and/or ex-FRA to Asia and Australia. How come, there has been no QR campaign whatsoever? Are they really doing that well with premium cabins or just preferring to fly empty?
Old Apr 8, 2009, 5:08 am

they do have them, just usually through travel agents. C class tickets to Asia / JNB are back to sub EUR 2000 levels (+tax) ex ZRH or LON.

PM me for more info
Old Apr 8, 2009, 12:35 pm

Maybe they're just not advertised?

At the moment I'm paying around 1800 euros BKK-CDG-BKK

For June, drops to 1400. Back up to 1800-2000 for July/Aug.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Richey66
All QR competitors like EK, EY, SQ, QF have lately had big premium-class campaign sales ex-LON and/or ex-FRA to Asia and Australia. How come, there has been no QR campaign whatsoever? Are they really doing that well with premium cabins or just preferring to fly empty?
Yes there are. QR usually have one of the lowest fares around in their Business cabins. Booking class is usually in D or J.

Go to their website and check.

Good fares can usually be found ex-LHR more than ex-FRA (due to LH codesharing with QR).

QR does not fly to Australia yet. But their fares to asia are quite good but you just gotta know which city you're flying to. Not all asian cities are common-rated.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 4:08 pm

Do Qatar do good cash upgrades too? I'm off to CMB this week for a fortnight as part of a Kuoni packaged holiday. What would be the best way (if possible) to upgrade our economy seats to biz, without having to pay the diff to full fare J?
Old Apr 26, 2009, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Morgo
Do Qatar do good cash upgrades too? I'm off to CMB this week for a fortnight as part of a Kuoni packaged holiday. What would be the best way (if possible) to upgrade our economy seats to biz, without having to pay the diff to full fare J?
You need to pay the diff in fare. Especially from a lower tiered package tour fare, you need to a pay a bigger difference.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
You need to pay the diff in fare. Especially from a lower tiered package tour fare, you need to a pay a bigger difference.
Yup - gave Kuoni a call and it will be Ł1200 per person to upgrade for the roundtrip, which I think is pretty reasonable!
Old May 9, 2009, 7:25 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Gold, Singapore air Kris flyer,Emirates Silver, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by Richey66
Please check this out: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...ers-italy.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.