Qmiles any good?

Old Dec 14, 08, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, QR
Qmiles any good?

redemption options seem to be only on QR - is that true? if yes, the miles are not as valuable as my ba or aa miles.

i'll probably end the year with 600 points !!!

one thing that bugs me though is that qr is probably the only airline i know that doesn't give upgrades to elite members - no benefits of real value to elite members regardless of what the website says

consistantly good service in j though
Old Dec 14, 08, 11:37 pm

You can redeem on partner airlines.

Here are the airlines:
http://www.qmiles.com/partner_home_a....html?linkpt10

and here are the redemption rates:
http://www.qmiles.com/calculator_par....html?linkpt11

But I just stick all my Qmiles into BMI, because of the usual ease of ticketing on *A flights through BMI. Qmiles are useful if you want to redeem on Eurostar though...
Old Dec 17, 08, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Please do not credit the miles to QR, it is real pain in the neck to redeem awards. It seems like one has to go their office for any award ticketing or to recredit miles for cancelled awards. even when booking on their website one cannot pay the taxes and ticket the resv. one can only make a booking.

There are some people who have had success in getting the US office to ticket after you get a booking done by the Priveleges club, but on a few occassion when I called the US they said that all ticketing for awards resvs is done in the office ONLY. YMMV. There is lot of improvement needed for this program.
Old Dec 17, 08, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also fuel surcharges are high compared to EK.
Old Dec 18, 08, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-LTP, TP-*G, HL-D, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by UA Fan View Post
Also fuel surcharges are high compared to EK.
But QR fares are lower in general when compared to other middle eastern carriers...
Old Dec 18, 08, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
But QR fares are lower in general when compared to other middle eastern carriers...
Yeah but why credit the miles to QR and go to hell and back when trying to redeem anything? Plus certain fares (H?) get 50% on QR but 100% on UA.
Old Dec 18, 08, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, QR
i was about to credit my miles to usair when i started flying qr this summer - they sent an email stating that there would be no elite bonuses - that has been retracted - still confused about what to do for next year - usairways is also becoming as bad as ba with the surcharges etc. aa seems to be a better bet among us airlines - no tie up with qr though
Old Dec 26, 08, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-LTP, TP-*G, HL-D, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by ibr2008 View Post
i was about to credit my miles to usair when i started flying qr this summer - they sent an email stating that there would be no elite bonuses - that has been retracted - still confused about what to do for next year - usairways is also becoming as bad as ba with the surcharges etc. aa seems to be a better bet among us airlines - no tie up with qr though
Why would US give you elite bonuses for flying QR? QR is not part of *A.

What I find that QR gives you good mileage for value on many fares that most *A doesn't. Plus as a Silver member on QR's programme, I can get into a lounge when having even *G on any *A member means nothing to QR.
Old Dec 26, 08, 12:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
I used to credit all QR flights to my Qmiles account. Then, I stumbled upon a way to credit miles to both my UA MP and Qmiles acct. Then, I decided it wasn't worth the hassle so now I just credit the miles to the MP acct. I have not been able to redeem Qpoints for travel at all so I guess we're even steven now.
Old Apr 20, 10, 9:04 am

The Qatar Airways miles book to my United Mileage Plus. Seems to be an easy process.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: