Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Which lounge in Gatwick does Qatar use now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2007, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue (once again), Qatar Silver, Marriot Rewards, KLM Petroleum Club

They used to use the Continental lounge at Gatwick South but I beleive thats shut now. Anyone know which lounge the use now?

The Continental was rubbish anyway, if they were still using it we were going to use our Priority Pass and use Aviance as even they were better than it!
Old Nov 9, 2007, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by MrRealHighlander
The Continental was rubbish anyway, if they were still using it we were going to use our Priority Pass and use Aviance as even they were better than it!
The Aviance lounge is in North Terminal, so that would be kinda hard to do...

Qatar uses the Servisair lounge in South Terminal now.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue (once again), Qatar Silver, Marriot Rewards, KLM Petroleum Club
Originally Posted by B747-437B
The Aviance lounge is in North Terminal, so that would be kinda hard to do...

Qatar uses the Servisair lounge in South Terminal now.
So it is, LoL!

OK ta, still think Servisair will be better than the Continental Reading the reviews on the Times website, I might also try out spending the night before in the new pod hotel.

Last edited by MrRealHighlander; Nov 11, 2007 at 6:07 am
Old Nov 15, 2007, 11:33 am

Programs: Lifetime: UA Gold, AA Gold, & Marriott Titanium
They currently use the US Airways lounge.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dudster
They currently use the US Airways lounge.
OK, thanks.

Any idea what the lounge is like, any food at breakfast time or is it just nibbles? I believe there are no showers.

Also out of interest, can we use the US Air Arrivals lounge on the way back? We will be QR Business and Qpoints Silver.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 4:53 am

Programs: Lifetime: UA Gold, AA Gold, & Marriott Titanium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

The lounge is fairly small though on two levels so it feels somewhat airy. I'm not sure about showers. For breakfast it is just some nibbly things - fruit, yoghurt, pastry. I'm not sure about use of arrivals facilities on QR. If you cannot use either the co or us arrivals lounge, there is a yotel in the same area where you can take a minihotel room on an hourly basis and I believe the rooms include a shower.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Many thanks for the feedback. I will try and do some updates on some of the Longe review sites for these longes as I couldnt find much info on them online.

We will use the Servisair lounge on the way back if we cant get in the Arrivals lounge as my OH has a Priority Pass card.

I already plan on using the pod Yotel next time I need accommodation at LGW, it sounds quite good.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Just to let everyone know, just back from holidays in Thailand - went via QR in C. We got access tothe US Airways Lounge in Gatwick South. Its a Star Alliance lounge, as Dudster said, 2 levels, quite airy, good condition.

On arrival back in LGW today, we went to the US Airways Arrivals lounge (hidden down beside the Yotel - look for Costa coffee near where you come out at International Arrivals, theres a lift to the right of it, go down one level).

I showed our BP at the Reception and they said yes no problems we could use the Lounge. Its quite small but has showers - great after the travelling. Basic teas, coffees, pastries and breakfast cereals.

Oh, and as the trollys in LGW now require a coin to use, I found a 5 Baht coin works just as well on them

PS used the Yotel on the way out and loved it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.