QR boarding order

Old May 22, 2024, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC-GGL, GFL, *A Gold, Hilton Diamond , IHG Diamond/Ambassador
QR boarding order

I am at T4 waiting to board QR flight to Doha.
Economy zones 1 to 4 are almost finished boarding but business class and one world emerald are being coralled behind a tensa barrier to prevent them boarding till later.
No way for them to board early despite there being only in one entry jetway. Very strange.
Old May 22, 2024, 8:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Go to the QR forum and start a moaning thread with a OTT title.
Old May 22, 2024, 8:57 am
formerly onlynik

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold elite, *A Silver, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by flyerkit
Economy zones 1 to 4 are almost finished boarding but business class and one world emerald are being coralled behind a tensa barrier to prevent them boarding till later.
No way for them to board early despite there being only in one entry jetway. Very strange.
Sit in the QR lounge, they will come round and tell you when its ready to board.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old May 22, 2024, 9:05 am

Programs: QR Plat
The QR we love and enjoy: Fly in economy, board at your leisure, fly in biz and you do as you're told.

-A
HIDDY likes this.
Old May 22, 2024, 9:12 am

Programs: IB+ Oro (OWS) / FB / SQ
I've had this at DOH on the C concourse where it gets annoying, because if I'm in Y I want to board first with my OWS, not last!

Last edited by chacor; May 22, 2024 at 9:19 am
Old May 22, 2024, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC-GGL, GFL, *A Gold, Hilton Diamond , IHG Diamond/Ambassador
I am comparing ba order with qr order to see if we can learn anything.
What I have just learned is that this reverse BA model has a flaw. The jetway is filled (Ryanair style) with passengers waiting to board.
Old May 22, 2024, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I see no benefit at all in leaving a QR lounge early to board - it's longhaul, enjoy the lounge as long as possible and board at the end.
Old May 22, 2024, 11:02 am
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I am comparing ba order with qr order to see if we can learn anything.
What I have just learned is that this reverse BA model has a flaw. The jetway is filled (Ryanair style) with passengers waiting to board.
I'm on the definitely prefer to board last in the premium cabin, and I actually prefers QR method. No need to rush into a stifling hot plane at Doha during summer, and you get to actually enjoy the lounge longer.

Most premium passengers tend to want to board first with BA because of overhead bin space issues, but on QR F/J, this is not an issue.
Old May 22, 2024, 11:45 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Pretty normal for LHR T4 boarding with QR i would say, its always a disorganised mess.
Old May 22, 2024, 11:51 am

When do QR close the gates? Most of their ex-DOH flights are bus gates in which case I'd much rather wait in the lounges until all other passengers are boarded and the Business bus is ready to depart.
Old May 23, 2024, 2:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver

I had the exact same from heathrow and same again from doha, they kept us behind a line. Rather odd
Old May 23, 2024, 2:46 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by timtamw
I had the exact same from heathrow and same again from doha, they kept us behind a line. Rather odd
Did you get your "pre-departure" drink etc., or was that skipped due to "lack of time"?
Old May 23, 2024, 3:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Traveller999
Did you get your "pre-departure" drink etc., or was that skipped due to "lack of time"?
I did get a drink, it was just a little rushed both times, bu tthen again we eneded up sat on the plane for quite some time so that helped for the pre service.
Old May 23, 2024, 4:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Since you mention OW Emerald, I'm sure if they are in economy then they can board with the rest of economy to settle in and get their overhead bin space. But in premium cabins, agree just wait in the lounge, especially at outstations where they do announcements. In DOH it's a bit more difficult to decide exactly when to go, especially when some gates are quite far away. But I've been told that I could use the economy class bus if I wanted to board earlier, or wait for the business class bus at the end of boarding.
Old May 23, 2024, 4:41 am

How does this work on a QR A380 which only have a few rows of Y on the upper deck?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.