Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

EDi delay of over 11 hours hits social media

EDi delay of over 11 hours hits social media

Old Nov 2, 2023, 3:23 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Perth WA/ UK
Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Posts: 1,748
EDi delay of over 11 hours hits social media

Perhaps another example that QR are a little lacking somewhat on the ground ...https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/qatar-airways-passengers-left-sprawled-31337580
nivsy is offline  
Old Nov 2, 2023, 7:02 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aberdeen
Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Posts: 636
Deleted
Neilgcal is offline  
Old Nov 3, 2023, 5:46 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,222
Interesting to see how QR's operations to/from EDI appear to be booming (a 777 occasionally being scheduled), while EK has not yet reinstated the second daily GLA rotation and flights to EDI.
FlyingScientist is offline  
Old Nov 3, 2023, 6:42 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Programs: QR PC, BA EC, KrisFlyer
Posts: 198
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
Interesting to see how QR's operations to/from EDI appear to be booming (a 777 occasionally being scheduled), while EK has not yet reinstated the second daily GLA rotation and flights to EDI.
I was surprised when I saw A350 being scheduled there because it had always been just 787 for many years. Still, there's hardly any Qsuite / business suite flight from there whereas MAN and LHR have almost guaranteed Qsuite flights daily.
billy.f is offline  
Old Nov 4, 2023, 4:31 am
  #5  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 18,584
Originally Posted by billy.f
I was surprised when I saw A350 being scheduled there because it had always been just 787 for many years. Still, there's hardly any Qsuite / business suite flight from there whereas MAN and LHR have almost guaranteed Qsuite flights daily.
Which MAN flights have Q suites? I've never noticed any!
surryson likes this.
DYKWIA is online now  
Old Nov 4, 2023, 5:15 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Programs: QR PC, BA EC, KrisFlyer
Posts: 198
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Which MAN flights have Q suites? I've never noticed any!
QR28 is almost consistently Qsuite. Occasionally there's also 789 with business suite.
DYKWIA likes this.
billy.f is offline  
Old Nov 4, 2023, 10:43 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,222
Originally Posted by billy.f
I was surprised when I saw A350 being scheduled there because it had always been just 787 for many years. Still, there's hardly any Qsuite / business suite flight from there whereas MAN and LHR have almost guaranteed Qsuite flights daily.
Before COVID, it was all A350-900 to/from EDI for many years. Only recently, this has been scaled down to 787-8. I saw 787-9 at some point for future bookings, but its looks like reverting to A350-900 sooner rather than later (at least, this is what my bookings for Aug 2024 now show).
KingCanute likes this.
FlyingScientist is offline  
Old Nov 4, 2023, 10:50 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,222
Originally Posted by billy.f
QR28 is almost consistently Qsuite. Occasionally there's also 789 with business suite.
By the way, EDI-DOH originally used to be QR28, and stayed so for many years. Then Etihad had the great idea to use the same number for their flights between EDI and AUH, and QR changed it.
billy.f likes this.
FlyingScientist is offline  
Old Nov 4, 2023, 12:01 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Programs: QR PC, BA EC, KrisFlyer
Posts: 198
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
Before COVID, it was all A350-900 to/from EDI for many years. Only recently, this has been scaled down to 787-8. I saw 787-9 at some point for future bookings, but its looks like reverting to A350-900 sooner rather than later (at least, this is what my bookings for Aug 2024 now show).
Interesting, perhaps I've just not realised because I could only remember flying in 787 everytime on that route all the way back to 2016, or maybe it's the timing that I chose which was scheduled with 787 only.
billy.f is offline  
Old Nov 4, 2023, 3:08 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,222
Originally Posted by billy.f
Interesting, perhaps I've just not realised because I could only remember flying in 787 everytime on that route all the way back to 2016, or maybe it's the timing that I chose which was scheduled with 787 only.
Checking my records: 787-8 until May 2018, 350-900 from Dec-2018 until COVID.
FlyingScientist is offline  
Old Nov 4, 2023, 5:15 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Programs: QR PC, BA EC, KrisFlyer
Posts: 198
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
Checking my records: 787-8 until May 2018, 350-900 from Dec-2018 until COVID.
You are right, it was 788 till June 2018 for me and my subsequent trips from Feb 2019 onwards were A359 until Covid.
billy.f is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.