Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Check in schedule for Flight QR815 in Hong Kong

Old Oct 5, 2023, 7:17 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+

Hello,

I've seen that Qatar Airways doenn't have a mobile boarding pass departing from Hong kong yet.
So please does everybody know at what time begin the check in for the flight QR815 ? (departing 12:30 a.m.)

Thank You
Old Oct 5, 2023, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I have been able to obtain my QR boarding pass by checking online 30h before departure.
I printed it, so not sure you get a mobile version.
G_G, Schwann and KingCanute like this.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 8:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
I guess the underlying question is missing, i.e. whether this is to get a boarding pass, or to drop off bags. I can tell you from unfortunate experiences in the past that Qatar in HKG only open the check-in desks 3 hours before the flight, hence I haven't been able to go airside until then due to similar problems with print-outs. In theory there is a 7pm flight on some days, so the check-in desks will then open about 4pm, but whether they'd let you get a boarding pass and drop bags off for the later flight, that requires some level of kindness and depends on your status and the class of travel - they may not be able to help with the bags as much. So in theory for this flight they'd open the check-in desks about 7.30pm, but in reality it may be a bit later whilst they deal with the prior flight and getting it away

HKG airport is close to the city anyway so there isn't a huge need to get to the airport that early.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 5:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Mobile boarding pass was issued for me today, flying to Germany on QR with a British passport.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 8:05 am

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
I understand that the check-in facilities in the city (Central) are now running again. Has anyone flying QR used this?
Old Oct 9, 2023, 8:35 am

Programs: QRPC Plat, HHilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by BlueEgg
I understand that the check-in facilities in the city (Central) are now running again. Has anyone flying QR used this?
I read online that only Cathay Pacific has offered this service since it opened again.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 8:45 am

Programs: QRPC Plat, HHilton Gold, Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by littlevoices
I guess the underlying question is missing, i.e. whether this is to get a boarding pass, or to drop off bags. I can tell you from unfortunate experiences in the past that Qatar in HKG only open the check-in desks 3 hours before the flight, hence I haven't been able to go airside until then due to similar problems with print-outs. In theory there is a 7pm flight on some days, so the check-in desks will then open about 4pm, but whether they'd let you get a boarding pass and drop bags off for the later flight, that requires some level of kindness and depends on your status and the class of travel - they may not be able to help with the bags as much. So in theory for this flight they'd open the check-in desks about 7.30pm, but in reality it may be a bit later whilst they deal with the prior flight and getting it away

HKG airport is close to the city anyway so there isn't a huge need to get to the airport that early.
I also have a flight leaving Hong Kong at 00:30. I planned to check in when the desks open for the prior 18:50 flight so I can try Cathay's First Class lounge. Seems like my strategy might not work since I have two bags to check in. I might as well maximise my time in the city centre instead.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jorayfly24
I also have a flight leaving Hong Kong at 00:30. I planned to check in when the desks open for the prior 18:50 flight so I can try Cathay's First Class lounge. Seems like my strategy might not work since I have two bags to check in. I might as well maximise my time in the city centre instead.
Check-in counters will open around 4pm for QR817. Unclear if they will accept to check you in.
Anyway spending 8h in the airport seems silly to me. A lounge is a lounge, and spending more than 2h can be boring.
Just enjoy the city and arrive by 10pm.
KingCanute likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 1:50 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by G_G
Hello,

I've seen that Qatar Airways doenn't have a mobile boarding pass departing from Hong kong yet.
So please does everybody know at what time begin the check in for the flight QR815 ? (departing 12:30 a.m.)

Thank You
Based on flying last week. Check in for the early flight (QR 817) opens at around 4pm. Had no problems to check in for QR 815 at this time. I was not able to get mobile boarding passes - but that might have changed based on above answers.
City check in only for CX flights (and only from Hong Kong station, not Kowloon) - but limited operating hours (think they close at 3:30pm)
littlevoices and jj_lgkr like this.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 6:28 am

Do the QR flights HKG to DOH also have CX codes? And if so, has any of the readers tried the in-town check in?
Old Oct 10, 2023, 12:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Blue
They do, I'm on CX9201/QR815 (on a CX ticket) in a couple of weeks. I doubt they'll accept our luggage in-town, but I'll try and report back.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 2:01 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by JC880
Based on flying last week. Check in for the early flight (QR 817) opens at around 4pm. Had no problems to check in for QR 815 at this time. I was not able to get mobile boarding passes - but that might have changed based on above answers.
City check in only for CX flights (and only from Hong Kong station, not Kowloon) - but limited operating hours (think they close at 3:30pm)
Thanks for your answer.
Did you have checked luggage ?
Old Oct 10, 2023, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlueEgg
Do the QR flights HKG to DOH also have CX codes? And if so, has any of the readers tried the in-town check in?
Code is irrelevant what matters is the metal.
Even at the airport, you would go to QR check-in counter, not CX.

On the other hand a QR-coded but CX-metal flight could be checked-in at Hong Kong in-town airport station
KingCanute likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 9:40 pm

Thank you jj_lgkr. Quite a few of us will be awaiting your reply as to whether the QR HKG to DOH can use the City Check-in, which for the foreseeable future is limited to CX only.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 12:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
For those travelling hand baggage only I can confirm it's possible to use QR mobile boarding passes to clear security and immigration at Hong Kong ahead of the check in desks opening.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.