Louis Vuitton Lounge

Old Jun 8, 2023, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
Louis Vuitton Lounge

Didn't see any thread in this new lounge yet but it's been open 2 weeks now so thought I'd start one as the other lounges all have a thread.

I thought it was beautifully setup and the menu was superb. I only tried the sandos and a dessert but they were really great. Didn't cost as much as I thought it would. And I was the only one in there at 3am which was nice.

Last edited by GratefulSmile; Jun 8, 2023 at 11:15 pm
Old Jun 9, 2023, 2:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by GratefulSmile
I only tried the sandos and a dessert but they were really great. Didn't cost as much as I thought it would. And I was the only one in there at 3am which was nice.
How much did it cost, out of curiosity?
Old Jun 9, 2023, 2:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
The menu and other discussions about this lounge are in the main AM thread.

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Menu:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35284144-post2225.html
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 2:14 am

Programs: Platinum with QR; Silver with LH, Gold with Accor, Hilton, Marriott, Radisson
To enter the LV lounge you have to get a voucher from the reception desk. The entrance is limited to Platinum and First class travellers if I am not mistaken. There is a menu and all drinks and meals are chargeable. We paid for 2 glasses of Moet and 2 bottles of water around 110 EUR. I think staff should inform customers before entering LV lounge that it is not for free and that there is a menu with prices. They don't do that and many customers leave the lounge confused.
Matt4, Traveller999 and KingCanute like this.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 4:01 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Urbanity
To enter the LV lounge you have to get a voucher from the reception desk. The entrance is limited to Platinum and First class travellers if I am not mistaken. There is a menu and all drinks and meals are chargeable. We paid for 2 glasses of Moet and 2 bottles of water around 110 EUR. I think staff should inform customers before entering LV lounge that it is not for free and that there is a menu with prices. They don't do that and many customers leave the lounge confused.
I find the whole development ridiculous. Qatar Airways has no need to create a shop-in-shop (lounge-in-lounge) concept. They should be focusing on the Qatar Airways Al Mourjan brand and experience for those travelling in business class. Full Stop.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 4:36 am

I wandered past there last week without taking too much notice, but did see a few glamorous people wearing blue overalls who didn't look like typical builder types. Are they the LV staff and is that the uniform?
Old Jun 10, 2023, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
I find the whole development ridiculous. Qatar Airways has no need to create a shop-in-shop (lounge-in-lounge) concept. They should be focusing on the Qatar Airways Al Mourjan brand and experience for those travelling in business class. Full Stop.

Totally agree. And those prices! EUR 110 for two glasses of (mediocre) champagne and two glasses of water. Or (per the menu) over EUR 90 for what seems to be a rather meagre brunch. You wouldn't pay those prices in a 5-star London hotel. Utterly ludicrous.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
So did you inadvertently pay that or? Because obviously there is a whole lounge of "included" F&B available in the regular part of AM Garden. Can't comment on whether the lounge champagne was better or worse though but not at those prices.

Originally Posted by KingCanute
I wandered past there last week without taking too much notice, but did see a few glamorous people wearing blue overalls who didn't look like typical builder types. Are they the LV staff and is that the uniform?
Yes, someone mentioned it and took a photo of them (well with them in the background) in the AM lounge thread I think it was.
KingCanute likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
Yes, someone mentioned it and took a photo of them (well with them in the background) in the AM lounge thread I think it was.
Wow, you'd think they might smarten themselves up a bit at those prices...
#OldManAlert
SullyofDoha and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 11:54 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
To enter the LV lounge you have to get a voucher from the reception desk. The entrance is limited to Platinum and First class travellers if I am not mistaken.
This to me is the biggest headscratcher. If youre an F or plat pax in J, youd have access to AS. ASs food has (imho) improved quite a bit, and though its champagne selections arent at the level an F lounge should be, its still better than some Moet (and free most importantly). Why would anyone choose this (paid) option over AS, save for what I imagine are the single to low double digit number of nouveau riche influencers that fly through DOH on a given day that would fit the access criteria and appreciate this kinda of thing? Im sure theres much smarter uses for that real estate. But then again, I never took QR for an airline with an aptitude in business acumen.
HadesNL and Schwann like this.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 12:27 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by fender5787
This to me is the biggest headscratcher. If you’re an F or plat pax in J, you’d have access to AS. AS’s food has (imho) improved quite a bit, and though it’s champagne selections aren’t at the level an F lounge should be, it’s still better than some Moet (and free most importantly). Why would anyone choose this (paid) option over AS, save for what I imagine are the single to low double digit number of nouveau riche influencers that fly through DOH on a given day that would fit the access criteria and appreciate this kinda of thing? I’m sure there’s much smarter uses for that real estate. But then again, I never took QR for an airline with an aptitude in business acumen.
I would say the LV lounge food is still marginally better than Al Safwa. The service definitely is much better given the lack of customers. I struggle to understand what makes the LV lounge ‘nouveau riche’ that doesn’t also apply to Al Safwa, it’s a slightly odd criticism. The royals are always in the VIP terminal.

The most notable bit is not the food but the nice Jo Malone products in the bathroom!
gsberlin likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 1:04 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I would say the LV lounge food is still marginally better than Al Safwa. The service definitely is much better given the lack of customers. I struggle to understand what makes the LV lounge nouveau riche that doesnt also apply to Al Safwa, its a slightly odd criticism. The royals are always in the VIP terminal.

The most notable bit is not the food but the nice Jo Malone products in the bathroom!
Perhaps the nouveau riche terming may have been too rough, but I have found folks that are drawn to the LVMH brands (as opposed to other luxury houses) to exude certain qualities. And Id assume it would be even moreso to what objectively is an overpriced, and arguably, an unnecessary lounge within a lounge. (You, of course, are excluded from this characterization &#128515. Point is, I dont think there are thaaat many people that would already have AS access that would want to pay quite a sum extra for not much value (imho), and those that do would probably fit a certain personality type
Old Jun 10, 2023, 1:43 pm

Programs: Some
(You, of course, are excluded from this characterization
Lol!

As Ive expressed previously, Im a Prada / Isaia / Zegna guy if were getting into it
Old Jun 10, 2023, 7:32 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
This to me is the biggest headscratcher. If youre an F or plat pax in J, youd have access to AS. ASs food has (imho) improved quite a bit, and though its champagne selections arent at the level an F lounge should be, its still better than some Moet (and free most importantly). Why would anyone choose this (paid) option over AS, save for what I imagine are the single to low double digit number of nouveau riche influencers that fly through DOH on a given day that would fit the access criteria and appreciate this kinda of thing? Im sure theres much smarter uses for that real estate. But then again, I never took QR for an airline with an aptitude in business acumen.
Maybe it is QR workaround to get some Moet products to QR customers through LV of LVMH, since EK got the exclusive Dom contract?

Pretty sure the food/beverage prices mean nothing to the clientele, whom QR is targeting for this lounge. Maybe going against the grain on this forum, but the more exclusive, rather than inclusive, the better chance a product can be elevated. Good way to have a Michelin starred chef's multi course meal at an airport. Good marketing and win-win for QR/LVMH.

There is demand for paid luxury services; just look at PS Lounge at LAX.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 8:05 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
[...] We paid for 2 glasses of Moet and 2 bottles of water around 110 EUR [...]
LMFAO

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.