Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Q Suites - separate booking but trying to sit together

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2023, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA

Both times I have called in, normal agent (non - supervisor) has been unable to get system to allow us to sit together in center EF seats. Two of us traveling together. Is it best to escalate to supervisor? All of the seats show as blocked on Expert Flyer and the agent I last spoke with even said they were available but couldn't move us there. I suggested trying to combine our bookings but he didn't seem to understand what I meant. Any advice?
Old Jan 29, 2023, 8:44 pm

I managed to select center EF seats by messaging them on Twitter (@qrsupport) for my 2 separate bookings. I just provided them with both mine & my wife booking reference number and name.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nexus007
I managed to select center EF seats by messaging them on Twitter (@qrsupport) for my 2 separate bookings. I just provided them with both mine & my wife booking reference number and name.
Thank you for this data point. I messaged them today and they were unable to help. Not sure if there is a particular issue with my routing or booking.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Are you on a P fare with no oneworld status? The cheapest biz class, P, will not allow you to reserve any seat without status.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Are you on a P fare with no oneworld status? The cheapest biz class, P, will not allow you to reserve any seat without status.
On an "R" codeshare flight booked via AA. Fully flex/refundable from AA. OW Sapphire status too. I was able to select single window seats for us, QR just seems to be unable to unblock the E/F middle pair.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by nw6338
Thank you for this data point. I messaged them today and they were unable to help. Not sure if there is a particular issue with my routing or booking.
I first messaged them on Facebook but they said it can't be done. So I messaged them on Twitter and they were able to select the middle E/F seats for me. So maybe give their FB a try?
Old Jan 31, 2023, 10:40 am

Or you can PAY for the seats and then select what you want. Not free thought on P.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nexus007
I first messaged them on Facebook but they said it can't be done. So I messaged them on Twitter and they were able to select the middle E/F seats for me. So maybe give their FB a try?
It's the competence of the agent rather than the platform. I imagine its the same people answering messages from both Twitter and Facebook.
nexus007 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 12:20 am

Try all the available channel. I tried calling failed. Then email failed. Then via Facebook message, also failed. Lastly via Twitter it works. Depends on the agent.
nexus007 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 10:49 am

"Could I please speak to the agent who knows how to do this?"
Old Feb 1, 2023, 12:09 pm

I recently did this with 2 separate (1 x with 1pax, 1 with 2pax) bookings via twitter.. i messaged them the two booking references/flights, and the seats i would like to select (3 out of 4 seats in a qsuite quad)... pretty painless.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 11:52 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond | Finnair Plus Gold
Hmm, I've tried them twice (chat & twitter). Both conversations ended with sth like: "Kindly get in touch with us before 3 days of your departure and we'll check with the airport team for the middle seats."

(regular, revenue tickets bought via AY)
Old Apr 18, 2023, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by zabsko
Hmm, I've tried them twice (chat & twitter). Both conversations ended with sth like: "Kindly get in touch with us before 3 days of your departure and we'll check with the airport team for the middle seats."

(regular, revenue tickets bought via AY)
We’ve got BNE to LHR on one ticket we can book middle Qsuite for first flight but to LHR it’s blocked out they told me it was sold out on the day of release 🤣🤷🏼‍♂️ I will try closer too
Old Apr 18, 2023, 12:50 pm

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
If you have access to the QRPC Platinum whatsapp they are able to do it in two seconds. Never have hassles with this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.