Wiki Posts
Search

Avios now awarded 2 hours before flight

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2023, 1:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
Avios now awarded 2 hours before flight

Quite amazed by this sudden announcement. Qatar announced just now that everyone is getting their points up to 2 hours before their flight! Only on QR metal and only for Qatar PC members.

You can also use avios to spend in all stores in Hamad International now too as full or part-pay.
joorinainen and Loungeabout like this.

Last edited by GratefulSmile; Jan 25, 2023 at 1:59 am
Old Jan 25, 2023, 2:22 am

Programs: BAEC
There's a writeup on the HfP website - other travel/points websites exist.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2023/01/25/spend-avios-duty-free-doha-hamad-airport/
Old Jan 25, 2023, 2:40 am

Programs: CX Macro polo Silver, AA platinum
No wonder, i am currently flying with QR and i saw my avios credited (without tier bonus) when i was in lounge and after 1hr departure i noticed that the tier bonus was then credited. Nice job QR
Old Jan 25, 2023, 7:18 am

In line with above I've had this been happening to me too with the QPoints being credited at the normal timing after. Can't complain as it allowed me to airport upgrade during my last trip!
Old Jan 25, 2023, 3:00 pm

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
No wonder - I noticed this started happening on my last few trips in December, I thought it was odd I got the QR App notification pop up “thank you for flying with us” with the avios credited a few hours before the flight itself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.