Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

8+ hour layover in Doha - Business Class - Free transit hotel?

Old Jan 24, 23, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

I read on a review that Qatar Airways does free transit hotels for those on DOH layovers longer than 8 hours? Mine is 8 hours 20 minutes. It is on Qatar metal all the way, but it is a Business ticket sold by American Airlines (and the ticket is for the AA codeshare flight number).

Anyone know where I can find more information? I did a Google search, but could only find out info about the stopover and the free transit visa. But what I'm looking for is just to sleep in the airport hotel if possible, rather than in the lounge beds.
Old Jan 24, 23, 2:23 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by boonkoh View Post
I read on a review that Qatar Airways does free transit hotels for those on DOH layovers longer than 8 hours? Mine is 8 hours 20 minutes. It is on Qatar metal all the way, but it is a Business ticket sold by American Airlines (and the ticket is for the AA codeshare flight number).

Anyone know where I can find more information? I did a Google search, but could only find out info about the stopover and the free transit visa. But what I'm looking for is just to sleep in the airport hotel if possible, rather than in the lounge beds.
Unfortunately you're going to be disappointed....

The STPC service (free transit hotel for transit >8hrs) or even +Qatar (cheap stopover hotel) programs have not been restarted post pandemic.

Additionally in your case I think both programs were limited to Qatar issued tickets, but it's all a bit academic now.

To be honest, getting out of the airport to the Oryx hotel and back again in time for your onward flight was always very tight... It was always a better experience with 10 or 12 hours as a minimum. At 8 hours the airside transit hotel is your best bet but (a) it's not cheap, and (b) often fully booked.

Earplug and eyeshades and setting your expectations if contemplating the lounge might be a fair compromise.
Old Jan 24, 23, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Sigh, looks like the napping in the Al Mourjan it is!

Good thing my flight times to BOS means I don't need to sleep in the lounge, I can sleep on the plane. But would like at least 2-3 hours nap.
And also because I'm arriving at midnight in Doha, it should be fairly quiet in the lounge and I should have my pick of napping spaces!
Old Jan 24, 23, 3:03 pm

Programs: BAEC

Good thing my flight times to BOS means I don't need to sleep in the lounge, I can sleep on the plane. But would like at least 2-3 hours nap.
And also because I'm arriving at midnight in Doha, it should be fairly quiet in the lounge and I should have my pick of napping spaces!
​​​​​​
Peak lounge hours are 2300-0230 and 0500-0800.
Old Jan 24, 23, 4:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond

Arriving at that time of night it'll be packed and you'll probably struggle for somewhere reasonable until about 3am when the peak is over.

Search this Thread