Wiki Posts
Search

QRPC & Jetstar

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2023, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
QRPC & Jetstar

I have an upcoming itin on Jetstar (I know, I know... jetstar is terrible - I am truly sorry! There was no other viable option.) As QR Gold, are there any benefits? Lounge access? (This is an int't flight.)

Last edited by florin; Jan 23, 2023 at 9:06 pm Reason: misspelled thread title
Old Jan 24, 2023, 1:22 am

Nope no benefits even on QF codeshare unfortunately.

And semi-unrelated but I like to tell people since it tripped me up once: QF domestic flights don't earn at all unless in conjunction with a QR or QF coded international flight
florin likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 8:06 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by newEUer
Nope no benefits even on QF codeshare unfortunately.

And semi-unrelated but I like to tell people since it tripped me up once: QF domestic flights don't earn at all unless in conjunction with a QR or QF coded international flight
AA coded flight flown by QF won't work? Have a LAX-SYD AA codeshare operated by QF connected to a SYD-CNS QF flight.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 8:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jmail1
AA coded flight flown by QF won't work? Have a LAX-SYD AA codeshare operated by QF connected to a SYD-CNS QF flight.
Godspeed getting that retro claim past QR customer services.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 8:34 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by Schwann
Godspeed getting that retro claim past QR customer services.
It's not a retro claim, it's a future flight. I have a bunch of AA codeshares operated by QR I'm about to fly, is that going to be an issue as well if I have my PC number in the record?
Old Jan 24, 2023, 10:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
It's not a retro claim, it's a future flight. I have a bunch of AA codeshares operated by QR I'm about to fly, is that going to be an issue as well if I have my PC number in the record?
I know. But in the event they don't post automatically.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Operated by QR or QF?

Where is the link that states QR points not earned on QF domestic flight unless in conjunction with an intentional flight? Had a quick look but could not find.
100's of people fly AU domestic flights and get BA avios.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 10:32 am

No in this case you'll get 0.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 2:50 pm

To my surprise, I just did the LAX-SYD AA operated and flew on QF operated and AA coded SYD-MEL and received the Avios + qpoints! Bit of a bonus I wasn't counting on
Old Feb 3, 2023, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Operated by QR or QF?

Where is the link that states QR points not earned on QF domestic flight unless in conjunction with an intentional flight? Had a quick look but could not find.
100's of people fly AU domestic flights and get BA avios.
https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...#poi-tab-49BG6
"Accrual on Qantas domestic flights are only eligible when they are in conjunction with an international flight marketed by either Qantas or Qatar Airways on the same ticket."
Old Feb 3, 2023, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by newEUer
To my surprise, I just did the LAX-SYD AA operated and flew on QF operated and AA coded SYD-MEL and received the Avios + qpoints! Bit of a bonus I wasn't counting on
BA & QR have different earnings-rules. That the first flight was AA marketed & operated and then an AA codeshare worked in your favour.
The thread is about JQ Jetstar.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Feb 3, 2023 at 3:15 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.