FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   technial issue with QR website (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/2109105-technial-issue-qr-website.html)

Gregorious90 Jan 23, 2023 12:31 pm

technial issue with QR website

Dear all
I am trying to upgrade my flight on QR from JED-DOH-ZRH from Y --> J. I have enough Qcredits to upgrade from DOH-ZRH. When i access my booking and want to perform the upgrade, the website always locks itself as seen below:

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...6b9fbdcca0.jpg
I am getting a bit frustrated as no one at QR can or want really help me on the issue. Is there any possibility to contact a team within QR who is responsible for the website?
QR claims that the "upgrade section" does not appear as i do not have enough Qcredits for upgrading the whole trip (reason is in golf countries they sell J seats as F seats which require more Qcredits). In my opinion this is non-sense as i had the trip already booked previously and there was possibility to upgrade, but then had to cancel the trip and booked again from scratch. So for me this explanation does not really work.

Anybody had same issues or knows what could be wrong?

I tried several browsers, deleted all cookies and history and cache :)

Thanks in advance,
Greg

FlyingScientist Jan 23, 2023 3:23 pm

How long have you been waiting? I had the system going very slow earlier this year, but it finally responded after several minutes.

florin Jan 23, 2023 3:52 pm

Have you tried the mobile app? I know that Firefox isn't supported, and tends to fail more than Edge or Chrome.
The feedback you got from QR sounds like BS, but the fact that you were able to do that previously does not mean that it should necessarily be possible now. If seats are available for UG, the website should let that happen for you.

jah718 Jan 23, 2023 10:26 pm

The QR website is pretty much in a permanent state of technical issues unfortunately. One trick I have found that seems to work quite often for me is to use incognito mode on Chrome.

Gregorious90 Jan 25, 2023 2:01 am

I did let it turn and load for more than 1 hour last friday. Nothing else than the turning plane appeared :)

Gregorious90 Jan 25, 2023 2:03 am

Originally Posted by florin (Post 34951111)
Have you tried the mobile app? I know that Firefox isn't supported, and tends to fail more than Edge or Chrome.
The feedback you got from QR sounds like BS, but the fact that you were able to do that previously does not mean that it should necessarily be possible now. If seats are available for UG, the website should let that happen for you.

yes, tired both ways.. and i can see that there are seats eligible for upgrade available.

GratefulSmile Jan 25, 2023 2:14 am

I find the site unusable unless I'm in incognito mode in Chrome. Must be cookie or cache issues, but it's been like that for years for me.

rberk Jan 25, 2023 9:20 am

I have been trying to use "Contact us" to request credit for some MH flights (already requested back in December, nothing happened). I get an error message every time. I have tried it on two different browsers.

Maybe this "incognito" mode will do it, I will try. First I will try the app, though.

RSDoha Jan 25, 2023 9:19 pm

I also couldn't get the "contact us" section to work on the website AND in the app! I ended up using the platinum whatsapp number and my missing Avios were credited within an hour or two.

rberk Jan 27, 2023 11:04 am

Originally Posted by RSDoha (Post 34958089)
I also couldn't get the "contact us" section to work on the website AND in the app! I ended up using the platinum whatsapp number and my missing Avios were credited within an hour or two.

I couldn't even find the "contact us" in the app :(

In any event, I used the live chat at the website, and my MH flights are still not credited :)

A few weeks back, I was concerned mostly about the QPoints, but now with the reduced requalification levels, it is only the Avios that matter to me for these particular flights.

LHSEN Jan 29, 2023 3:39 pm

My account is locked - the message says too many attempted to logged in too many times incorrectly, then telling me to reset password. After I did that, it‘s telling me locked again too many OTP (something like that) … Will this such block be reset automatically 24 hours later?

Infrequent117 Jan 31, 2023 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by rberk (Post 34956150)
I have been trying to use "Contact us" to request credit for some MH flights (already requested back in December, nothing happened). I get an error message every time. I have tried it on two different browsers.

Maybe this "incognito" mode will do it, I will try. First I will try the app, though.

Any luck? It doesn't work for me in anything including the app :( I'm trying to do the same as you ie claim for a MH flight.

Edit - had to contact them through livechat in the end to get it added, will check to see if it worked in 24h

rberk Feb 2, 2023 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Infrequent117 (Post 34974122)
Any luck? It doesn't work for me in anything including the app :( I'm trying to do the same as you ie claim for a MH flight.

Edit - had to contact them through livechat in the end to get it added, will check to see if it worked in 24h

I ended up going to the live chat. Within a few days, the return flights were credited. Still waiting on the outbound.

The important issue for me was the QPoints, but since QR renewed me at the lower 2022 requalification threshold, only the miles matter now, and that is of secondary importance to me. So I am patient now.