FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Lounge access on mixed-cabin itinerary (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/2101835-lounge-access-mixed-cabin-itinerary.html)

Kpoxa Nov 23, 2022 10:55 am

Lounge access on mixed-cabin itinerary

I am scheduled to fly DXB-DOH-PHL on mixed cabin ticket. It’s business award ticket through AA. The first leg (DXB-DOH) is in Y, the second long haul segment (DOH-PHL) is in J. If I don’t get upgraded for the first segment would I be able to access Qatar business lounge in DXB? I have no status with QR or AA.

plunet Nov 23, 2022 2:16 pm

In principle you should have access.

This is on the basis that you are holding a boarding pass in J for a Oneworld flight that departs within 24 hours. So if you present your onward DOH boarding pass to the lounge agent in DXB they might be momentarily puzzled but should work it out.

From https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges

oneworld Lounge Access for First Class or Business Class Customers Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
  • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
  • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
  • You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.

Schwann Nov 24, 2022 2:12 am

There isn't a QR lounge in Dubai so it'll be a contract lounge.

Personally on that basis I would ask check-in for a lounge access voucher, as I'm not sure the lounge agents will be nuanced in OneWorld rules or even let you in without one.

ISTFlyer Nov 24, 2022 3:21 am

Originally Posted by Schwann (Post 34781529)
There isn't a QR lounge in Dubai so it'll be a contract lounge.

Personally on that basis I would ask check-in for a lounge access voucher, as I'm not sure the lounge agents will be nuanced in OneWorld rules or even let you in without one.

I have flown DXB-DOH in Y and my boarding pass has the sign "You are eligible to use the Ahlan Lounge" and I was let in without issues.
As a datapoint, the contract lounge for First is different than Ahlan at Dubai for Qatar Airways.

Schwann Nov 24, 2022 3:41 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 34781589)
I have flown DXB-DOH in Y and my boarding pass has the sign "You are eligible to use the Ahlan Lounge" and I was let in without issues.
As a datapoint, the contract lounge for First is different than Ahlan at Dubai for Qatar Airways.

Fair enough, hopefully that's the case for OP.. but as they have no status and I am assuming you did, it might be worth them trying to get a voucher from check-in to be on the safe side. Based on my flight last year from DXB they handed out those silver coloured lounge invites.

plunet Nov 24, 2022 10:28 am

Ah my bad, I thought the shuttered QR lounge in DXB was back again. Agree with the above, try and get an invite from check-in and be prepared to remind them of the OW rules.

Kpoxa Nov 24, 2022 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by plunet (Post 34782204)
Ah my bad, I thought the shuttered QR lounge in DXB was back again. Agree with the above, try and get an invite from check-in and be prepared to remind them of the OW rules.

Thank you all for the responses. I didn't realize there is no QR lounge in DXB, as I remember seeing the grand opening article. Doesn't Ahlan lounge also accept Priority Pass? If yes then it would be my backup plan. I am planning to check in after the midnight and wait there for my 5 AM flight. Hopefully there is a quite area where I can get some sleep.