Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR's previous Black Friday sales

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2022, 11:19 am
Original Poster

QR's previous Black Friday sales

I have never flown QR before and see that they are having a sale on Nov 18. I live in a different time zone and just wonder if it's worth staying up for this announcement, based on similar sales before.

Thank you in advance.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 11:56 am

They have had some fantastic deals in years past, but given the current climate and total lack of any decent fares post covid, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: Alcoholics Anonymous - Platinum, Gamblers Anonymous - Gold
I'm right there with you. Have some award travel booked and would love to be able to redeposit those miles.
Barkinpark likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
A kind word of advice if you're new to QR: don't try to chase down QSuites...

Qsuite changed to non-qsuite both ways, feeling scammed
Barkinpark and DiamondMile like this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SilverChris

Thank you. QR's bait and switch tactics can only work for a while. Now, I am looking forward to ANA's the Room on certain routes.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
QR has significantly increased their fares within the last 6-9 months and I assume that we'll see another "up to 30% off promotion" ( which ended up being much lower than 30% in the past promotions ) within select city pairings only.

I wouldn't hold my breath but we wouldn't be seeing EUR 1400 Scandinavia - Bangkok or EUR 2200 Balkans - Australia deals or USD 1600 US East Coast - Europe deals in Business Class like the past.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 8:08 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SilverChris

No airline guarantees a hard product, any seasoned traveller knows this. Equipment swaps happen every day. Some airlines are notorious for this like QR and CX. Even QF is constantly swapping their A388s for 787s that don’t have a F product.

You've made your thread, no need to keep cross posting.
nexusCFX, florin, moondog and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 10:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Based on my past experience the best fares on QR are never advertised and seldom part of any glossy sale.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 2:47 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by m0hamed
No airline guarantees a hard product, any seasoned traveller knows this. Equipment swaps happen every day. Some airlines are notorious for this like QR and CX. Even QF is constantly swapping their A388s for 787s that don’t have a F product.

You've made your thread, no need to keep cross posting.
I'm very aware of equipment swaps, which is why I wasn't the one who started that thread. I was merely doing my bit to try and prevent another one of those threads from popping up down the road. How is this cross posting?
Old Nov 18, 2022, 3:11 am

Programs: Alcoholics Anonymous - Platinum, Gamblers Anonymous - Gold
Great sale! When I use the promo code the gate I’m looking at actually increases!
Old Nov 18, 2022, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Schwann
Based on my past experience the best fares on QR are never advertised and seldom part of any glossy sale.
Thank you. For what routes and when did you see a good QR J fare?
Old Nov 19, 2022, 1:36 am

Programs: BAEC
My personal jaunts have included
Scandi to Thailand
Benelux to Japan, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore
Italy to New Zealand

A couple of the above were sales but quite a few of them were not targeted promotions. None of them were black Friday sales. But this was all pre-pandemic when there was overcapacity in the airline industry and Qatar was using cheap fares to drive their brand.

The situation at the moment is very different, Qatar probably don't need to do more to promote brand recognition and there is currently no significant overcapacity on flights.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 12:28 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Are black Fridays promo code a scam?

"Early access to our Black Friday offers

Bob, now is the perfect time to plan the holiday you have been waiting for. That's because you have exclusive early access to our Black Friday offers - for two days only.
Get up to 12% off in Business and Economy Class.
Simply log in and book on qatarairways.com or our mobile app using the promo code BFCM22, by 24 November 2022."

I'm based in Indonesia, I checked the price for a family trip 3 pax CGK-MXP rt for next June 23, mixed itinerary biz+eco, exactly same flights and dates all of them are same fare basis R+Q
No code - 81.5 million IDR
BFCM22 - 83.7 m IDR black Friday offer...
HSBC card Indonesia promo - 80.6 m IDR

I'm just asking myself which is the sense of all this, why do they need to treat their potential or real customers as morons?
Anyway, as you see no need to hold your breath for the incoming BF offers
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 12:38 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by BobFF68
I'm just asking myself which is the sense of all this, why do they need to treat their potential or real customers as morons?
For the last several years, the best promo code to use with QR usually is CAVEAT EMPTOR.

-A
plunet, GGLwannabe and Modo like this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 3:50 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BobFF68
Are black Fridays promo code a scam?

"Early access to our Black Friday offers

Bob, now is the perfect time to plan the holiday you have been waiting for. That's because you have exclusive early access to our Black Friday offers - for two days only.
Get up to 12% off in Business and Economy Class.
Simply log in and book on qatarairways.com or our mobile app using the promo code BFCM22, by 24 November 2022."

I'm based in Indonesia, I checked the price for a family trip 3 pax CGK-MXP rt for next June 23, mixed itinerary biz+eco, exactly same flights and dates all of them are same fare basis R+Q
No code - 81.5 million IDR
BFCM22 - 83.7 m IDR black Friday offer...
HSBC card Indonesia promo - 80.6 m IDR

The issue where using a promo code can increase the fare offered comared to no code has been going on for a long time, it's nothing new.
None of my good value fares on QR involved the use of a promo code to discount the fare.
I did once use a code that gave some extra benefits but as I was in business all it meant was an extra 10kg of luggage allowance which I didn't need.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.