Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Lounges @ LHR T4

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2022, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Location: The Blackwater Valley (Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey border area)
Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Diamond, etc etc
QR Lounges @ LHR T4

Not dissimilar to another recent thread but I will be soon be achieving two firsts - my first flight with QR, and my first flight out of LHR T4... travelling in Economy Comfort

As those who have followed the discussion on the BA/BAEC forum, I've recently dropped from BAEC Silver to Bronze - therefore no relevant OneWorld status, so the QR Lounge is out.

The Priority Pass app suggests there are no PP lounges in T4 either... am I really going to have to slum it?
Old Nov 3, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
There's the Plaza Premium Lounge if you have an Amex Plat card or other suitable entry apparatus. I wouldn't pay for it though.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 10:36 am

Programs: QR PC, BA EC, KrisFlyer
If you got your Priority Pass through Amex Platinum, you're correct that there's no PP lounge in T4 but you'll get to use Plaza Premium in T4 with Amex. Otherwise you can also pay to access Plaza Premium lounge.

Edit: Oops, seems I'm a bit slower than Schwann. I agree, I think it's an average lounge. Even some other Plaza Premium lounges in Asia are better than the one at LHR.
Schwann likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Location: The Blackwater Valley (Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey border area)
Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Diamond, etc etc
Thanks both... I'd forgotten that Amex still got you into Plaza Premium!
Old Nov 6, 2022, 1:24 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
I too had my first ever T4 flight on Friday, traveling QR economy but with BA Gold / OWE. I have to say that the QR Frequent Flyer lounge offering was a bit disappointing, so don’t think you’ve missed out too much. It was almost empty for my entire stay, the views were over a remote gate which saw one aircraft movement in the four hours and the drinks not to my liking. Toilets are a small space with broken overflowing bin and I didn’t find it the most comfortable space. The staff were very friendly though and I must admit the red Thai prawn curry was exceptional. If I had free access to the Plaza lounge I’d try that next time, so hope you enjoyed it!
Loungeabout likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 12:58 pm

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by stevebintley
I too had my first ever T4 flight on Friday, traveling QR economy but with BA Gold / OWE. I have to say that the QR Frequent Flyer lounge offering was a bit disappointing, so don’t think you’ve missed out too much. It was almost empty for my entire stay, the views were over a remote gate which saw one aircraft movement in the four hours and the drinks not to my liking. Toilets are a small space with broken overflowing bin and I didn’t find it the most comfortable space. The staff were very friendly though and I must admit the red Thai prawn curry was exceptional. If I had free access to the Plaza lounge I’d try that next time, so hope you enjoyed it!
Yeah the target audience is a bit of a weird one with the LHR FF lounge, basically anyone from QRPC Silver (OWR equivalent) to Plat can use the lounge but only OWS or higher if not part of QRPC. In fact given that QR’s own Silver (Ruby equivalent) can use the lounge I’m a bit surprised that the lounge is not fuller than it is (I was the only one there last month for a short time but at most not more than 10 other people closer to boarding), and this is with 2 full 77Ws departing that night. The food was exceptional though I believe the Beef short rib is the same they serve in BA CW (lounge is catered by Do&Co I think).
Loungeabout and stevebintley like this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by nomadabroad
Yeah the target audience is a bit of a weird one with the LHR FF lounge, basically anyone from QRPC Silver (OWR equivalent) to Plat can use the lounge but only OWS or higher if not part of QRPC.
I thought being part of an alliance was supposed to make this stuff easy! I have to confess I find the rules from QR confusing, with certain business fares not including lounge access, and then an over complication of where you should go when connecting at DOH. It wouldn’t be so bad if the app restricted the information to what was relevant to your booking eligibility, and I’m still unsure why I keep getting put in zone 4 boarding struggling to find locker space as a HBO traveller.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 4:16 am

I found the FF lounge in LHR T4 really great. Not busy and the food was delicious. They also had 2 showers which beats the platinum south lounge at Doha airport having only one. Service was super and they had Evian. Qatar flights and Doha airport have now switched to another water which isn’t as good IMO. Enjoyed my time in this new lounge.
Loungeabout likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.